Hello everyone!

Options
Hello there! I am a mother of four energetic children. I have two boys and two girls. My youngest is going into Kindergarden this year! I am excited for him.

During my time raising my children to this point I also did 5 years of college as a single mom. I have found now that my boyfriend is not willing to watch calories or exercise like I desire to, which makes this challenge a bigger one! I am doing this alone and wish that anyone who can be supportive please add me.

I was 206.6 lbs at the start of my journey. My journey began yesterday, officially. I am already down 1lb just by walking 1 mile and watching my food intake! I am off to a good start and excited to lose the 40 to 60 lbs necessary to get back to a healthy weight. I suppose I should also mention that recent health scares are what pushed me toward thinking more healthy! I am doing this for my health, for my children, but most of all for myself! I want the energy back. I am so fatigued it kills me to walk up or down the stairs. I do it no matter what, but I want to do it without getting winded.

I am a chatter so I will stop here! I am trying to make notes during the day and I am keeping a journal. I designed charts to hand track daily weigh ins and weekly measurements! My Goal weight is 165lbs right now. My ulimate goal weight is to be around 145 to 150lbs.

Thank you all so much!

Replies

• wolfehound22
    Options
    Well congrats on the 1 lbs loss so far, that is a good starting point. Its definittly tough when u dont have the support u need at home, so coming here was a good choice. There are so many motivating people, and i know its helped me on a quite a few occasions, so if can help keep me motivate while i help you, then feel free to add me.
  • brittfj
    brittfj Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations!! It is hard when significant others don't seem to make healthy choices with you, but hopefully after seeing your progress he will come along! :]
  • hmb63383
    Options
    Thank you, I can use all the support I can get!
  • SMA1978
    SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hello and congrats on your loss! I am new here too and very excited to finally take the first step at a healthier me. We can go on this journey together!
  • aschatje
    Options
    hi there! after moving to the land of windmills and having a little girl, loosing weight has always been an obstacle. being foreigner, acclimatizing, integrating and being a mom and a wife for the very first time just added up to the weight. turning to food and not exercising was more comforting to do especially when one misses home.

after 5 years, an on and off trip to the gym, yo-yo diets, and shortness of breaths, i decided its time to really do something. thats why im here. one of the members here introduced this to me. was a bit pessimist in the beginning, thinking that its the same as calorie counter. but then again, i owe it to myself and to my family to be healthy.

i have been a member for 2 weeks and lost 1 lb. already :smile: i love having mfp in my phone. its so handy!

glad to meet everybody! cheer to us happy losers!!! :happy:
  • aschatje
    Options
    so sorry! a newbie! made a mistake in posting this here. my apologies.