First full day

Options
SMA1978
SMA1978 Posts: 30 Member
Good Morning!

My name is Susan and I am excited to start my first day on MFP! I recently moved to North Carolina. I was excited to start a new life with my husband and 2 boys. Then 2 weeks before the move I fell and broke my ankle in 4 places. I was very discouraged but finding this site has renewed my determination to lose wt no matter what the obstacles.

I look forward to becoming friends with those who on this journey as well!

Susan

Replies

• KimWW
    KimWW Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Oh, ouch! Susan, that sounds painful. You have my sympathies.

Find exercises you can do even with a broken ankle and don't let it end up costing you more in health than it has to.

Welcome!

(I'll be driving through NC for the first time next week. I can't wait. It looks so beautiful form the pictures.)
  • swms0765
    Options
    Hi - my name is Suzy, and this is my first day too. My friend encouraged me to do this and she's even persuaded me to join a Zumba class next week. Here's to taking the first step!
  • Ph4lanx
    Ph4lanx Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the site, both of you. :) I'm new myself (first week), so if you'd like some fellow newbies as friends, add me up. Always nice to meet new people :)
  • SMA1978
    Options
    Hi Suzy!

I was doing zumba in Wisconsin before the fall. I had researched where I could take classes here in NC and was planning on dancing my way to fitness. That's why I was so upset when I fell. Now zumba will have to wait for at least a few more months. Try it and I am sure you will love it. It's so much fun! Let me know what you think.

Susan
  • SMA1978
    Options
    Have fun on your trip! NC is beautiful with the mountains on the west side and beach on the east.

The ankle is healing. Now is more annoying than painful. I want to do so much more than I can. Time will heal and then I will be fully on my feet again.
  • peggebrecht
    peggebrecht Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Today is my first full day also....I've gained 30 pounds this last year, and have gotten sick of this backward slide. My wife and I have a 7 year old girl and 4 year old boy, and with the craziness of life, it became easy to eat whatever I wanted and not exercise. Now I'm starting to feel the additional weight impacting me physically, so I have no choice if I want to live a quality life.
  • 18guyhornet
    18guyhornet Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Send a friend request and add me if you want - I've only been on here for a couple of months but love it! The encouragement and camaraderie are amazing - as well as the information to help you reach your goals!
  • sc_rlz
    sc_rlz Posts: 5
    Options
    First day too!!! Here's to us all keeping up the good work ;)
  • amyksmith67
    Options
    I am new too! Just joined last week. I've been having a hard time losing weight. I'm 44 and my goal was to lose a total of 10 pounds by my B-Day (8/22). So far I'm down 5 and it is so hard! I am having surgery in a few months and want to get in shape before I have to sit around for 3 months :(