Men's horse riding--

Options
2»

Replies

• Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    <<claps from crowd>> GREAT JOB!!!! I was mad that you were saying they were choosing to be that short.. then I read on.. OPEN MY EYES AND READ... good job you!! HIGH FIVE!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    I read something on FB a while ago along those lines, how you never hear anyone comment on, for instance, Mitt Romney's ankles. Never heard anyone say Bill Clinton should dye his hair. But take a woman who's incredibly accomplished, like Hilary Clinton or Janet Reno, and you'll hear just as much about their appearance or rumors of their sexual orientation as anything else. Because we're supposed to be a Secretary of State or Attorney General and a supermodel, because to be otherwise is offensive or something.

I don't want this to get political, but, case in point, I just googled "Hillary Clinton and Janet Reno" and this was the first result:
    Why is Chelsea Clinton so ugly? Because her father is Janet Reno."

-- Sen. John McCain, speaking to a Republican dinner, June 1998.

I know some might say when you're in the public eye, you open yourself up to that. Ok, fine. But even on MFP, I've seen men try to talk women out of getting a haircut because "long hair is sexier." I had two progress photos, where I had a ponytail in one and a chin length bob in the other, and had some dude say, "I liked your hair better before." Oh, gee... I'm sorry I wanted to cut the damaged split ends off my hair. It's as if women are a ice cream sundae buffet and people (not just men) think they can pick and choose what flavors and toppings they want.

It's a weird thing, because I enjoy being thought of as attractive, sexy even. But at the same time, it can be... kind of disturbing to be thought of that way. I don't want to know if you would or would not wife, hit that, *kitten* to, or any other verb and prepositional phrase combination, me. It's not a compliment. It's gross. A compliment is saying, "You look great." I also don't care if you think I'd look better with implants, a smaller *kitten*, a bigger *kitten*, a tan, longer hair, highlights or a bag over my head. As my friend Rae often says, "What other people think of me is none of my business."

If you wouldn't say it in front of your wife, girlfriend, daughter, mother or sister, or if you'd get mad at someone else who said it to your wife, girlfriend, daughter, mother or sister... DON'T SAY IT.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    I couldn't be more pleased with how this thread is going. Thanks for all the folks who are getting my point. For the ones that shared that they did love their sport a great deal so they were sad when they were getting taller, for the ones that said that they do their sport even if they don't *look* like the elites, for the ones that said "well, now I can just do this other thing", for the people that appreciate what their bodies do.

Seriously. Thank you. I needed this.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    was watching the olympics yesterday with family. women's gymnastics and swimming. seems like all my uncles did was point out the physical short comings of these women at the top of their game. made me mad.

Similar experience yesterday. Men's track and mens gymnastics were on. My family couldn't stup talking about how "sissy" then men looked doing gymnastics. And the track guys - sadly that went all to skin color. I had to leave the room quite often. These people trained way harder than any of can imagine. They're the freaking best in the world rather they win or not. They'd smoke any if us stupid enough to challenge them at what they do. But I digress....,

Love the post'
  • stephenglover
    stephenglover Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Guys who ride horses will get all the girls!

This is a true statement, maybe not all but lots!

I rode,and took care of horses from the time I was 5 everyday basicly, From Broncs to trail riding to barell racing.

Then I got a car, haha! Girls like 69 Camaro's to.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Standing ovation

I read this as "Strong Ovulation".
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Great post as always, Jets. And true, however, I did find myself concerned with appearance the poor new guy that was swimming with our USA team for the relay last week who was, unfortunately, wearing white trunks to swim in, but my concern was for his eventual embarrassment when he goes back to look at the TV interview after they won gold. I think that was more of an "Oh, poor guy" moment than anything. And occasionally I do think of Michael Phelps appearance, as in "dang, he is magnificent to look at in those swim trunks!"
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    And occasionally I do think of Michael Phelps appearance, as in "dang, he is magnificent to look at in those swim trunks!"

Occasionally I look at Michael Phelps, the recent Presidents of the USA, and think to myself.. wow, I wish I smoke pot too.
  • zombiesama
    zombiesama Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Funny clothes would be them wearing oompa loompa clothing and painting themselves orange.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    If I was a man, and I was within the standards, I would wear the silks, and would win the triple crown... Absolutely... I like those outfits very much. :smile: