FESTIVAL WORRIES

Options
I'm going to Reading festival (a music festival int he UK) in 2 and a half weeks. I'm worried that because i'm there from the thursday midday to probably monday late afternoon, i'll have gone 4 or 5 days without exercizing... major setback!

Also, i'm worried about my eating habits there.
1) I'll be in a group of about 10 friends... MAJOR SOCIAL EATING!
2) i've been to festivals before, and all there is is unhealthy food really. We cant bring gas canisters so i'll be unable to cook healthy food, and it'll be hard trying to pop back to our tent midday/eve if everyone else is in the arenas.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

Replies

• 1nsanity
    1nsanity Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I went to bonnaroo last summer and idk how reading festival is set up (is it overnight camping?), but between the camping and all the walking around to each show as well as all the dancing at the shows, i didnt have any trouble keep the weight off. we ate kashi bars for breakfast every morning and took bags of nuts in with us to the shows. and most of the time i was never hungry enough to leave the music to eat. when i did eat the vendor food i always at least tried to stick with chicken or hamburgers to maximize protein intake. also, always always always drink water and stay hydrated! i would advise to stick with the diet until the festival, and then let loose a little. dont ruin your festival experience because you are too worried about always eating healthily. if you put a few pounds on, its probably just gonna be water weight. and then get back on the wagon again after its all done. and my last bit of advice... have fun! the lineup looks killer!
  • jodiem147
    Options
    I'm going to Reading festival (a music festival int he UK) in 2 and a half weeks. I'm worried that because i'm there from the thursday midday to probably monday late afternoon, i'll have gone 4 or 5 days without exercizing... major setback!

Also, i'm worried about my eating habits there.
    1) I'll be in a group of about 10 friends... MAJOR SOCIAL EATING!
    2) i've been to festivals before, and all there is is unhealthy food really. We cant bring gas canisters so i'll be unable to cook healthy food, and it'll be hard trying to pop back to our tent midday/eve if everyone else is in the arenas.

HELP PLEASE!!!!

I'm off to Leeds Festival too! I know what you mean, there are no healthy options when all the food they sell is greasy as hell. When I went last year I had the same problem and tried to be good. I took Belvita Breakfast Biscuits and ate these for my breakfast, and a pack for lunch and I took healthy snacks like fruit and cereal bars to snack on. For tea I ate things like noodles or the ostrich burgers which were low in fat, and avoided chips and doughnut stands etc. Obviously most of my calories came from drinking. But, you're at a festival, it's only for 4 days and it isn't going to massively affect your weight, perhaps gain a lb or two at most. You get a lot of exercise walking around and standing up constantly all day anyway. Don't let calorie counting ruin your festival experience, you can continue with it when you get back.
  • anna9102
    anna9102 Posts: 56
    Options
    oh and i forgot to mention i'm a vegetarian, so there's limited option for me to eat other than chips and donuts etc, but i went to bestival last year and ended up eating chips, milkshakes, crisps etc every day ahhh! will try pack myself a lunch for in the arena,, but i'd rather not be taking a big bag around with me! Have a good time at leeds by the way jodie!