Sort of success! But my face is getting baggy! HELP!

Options
Hi, I have lost this weight since Jan 2012 and have noticed that my usually youthful (full) face is turning into a baggy face! Crinkles are coming round my eyes and bags are appearing under my eyes and my jowls feel like they are flapping!

If you have lost a lot of weight did you have experience this, does it get better?? Apart from this I feel great! :sad:

Replies

• futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    You've lost a great amount of weight quite quickly - congratulations! Your profile photo doesn't look like you describe - your face isn't baggy...it's beautiful!

We're all so critical of ourselves...if you are noticing some lack of firmness, you might want to give your skin some time to retract/catch up. It very likely will. I use creams with collagen in them to help my skin's elasticity, too.

Best of luck and know that you look wonderful!
  • Maridar
    Maridar Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I read somewhere long time ago there is a Japanese technique or some other to strengthen facial muscles with special exercises, if you google facial muscle exer. maybe there will be something.
  • cdhaverland
    Options
    I think you look fantastic!
  • 1holegrouper
    1holegrouper Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Rebounding is a wonderful way to tighten up your skin all over your body. Our skin needs exercise too! I wouldn't recommend this for the face but skin brushing is also very effective in this area. Look both of these up on Youtube. Most entries there on these topics are somewhat sane.

Edit; took a look at your pictures. To me your face looks fine but I understand that how you feel is more important. Your from Kings Lynn? I've been there several times!
  • scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you are too kind with your lovely comments. I shall try to be patient I think haha. My latest target is to lose a total of 112lb by November, so it will get worse before it gets better lol.

David nice to know some people come to King's Lynn lol! It's not a bad place really. Hope you liked it.
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Oh my, I faced this issue this summer. I too am not at all happy with the changes my 55-yr old face is going through during the weight loss. I did a month ago though pick up some almost pure collegen creme at the beauty supply store (not sure what the equivalent of that is in the UK). The kind I bought was cheap (I don't believe good skin care need be expensive) at $15 USD and I still have half a bottle left. It's called Collagen Filler Wrinkle Reducer. In the US it's distributed by Fisk Industries.

Anyway, I started by taking pictures of my problem areas prior to the treatment. After two weeks, I've noticed improvement! In about a week I'll be ready to post my first "after" pictures.

As for the jowls, maybe once I get all the weight finally off and keep it off for a year, I'll reward myself with a little "nip 'n tuck" of those flappy things! :laugh:

You are beautiful though and that sparkly smile of yours seems to hide all of the imperfections you mention!

-Debra
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    I know the feeling - I suddenly look 'old' LOL - well done on such a fantastic loss in such a short time.

My family all live around the Kings Lynn area, Clenchwarton, Downham Market, Fincham.......

I use cream on my neck mainly as it's gone a bit crepey, if that fails I'm getting the staple gun out :tongue:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!