Best Gyms for an ok price?

Options
I live in Minneapolis MN and am looking for a good gym. I cant afford to much but I need that motivation. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where to go? I would love to have a trainer.

Thank you,
Mariel

Replies

• Rambo313
    Rambo313 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Find a gym that does classes then you wouldn't have to worry abour a trainer so much, There are also great websites that have great free workouts such as bodyrocktv.com and pinterest.com.
  • tinytoyjess
    tinytoyjess Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I go to Gold's and love it. I believe they have them in your area. I pay $50/month for no commitment but I live in a high cost of living area so perhaps a membership would be cheaper for you.

I previously was a member at Planet Fitness but never went because it just wasn't a motivating environment for me, especially because they didn't offer any classes.
  • BeautifulArtemis
    BeautifulArtemis Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    If you have a YMCA in your area they have the Open Door Program that they base your monthly payment on your Income and what you pay out.
  • Keffinger22
    Keffinger22 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I just joined Planet Fitness. I live in Ohio so Idk if you have one near you but it is 10 a month or 20 dollars a month for the upgrades(ex. tanning etc..). Pretty awesome gym if you have one :)
  • TammyBee
    TammyBee Posts: 178
    Options
    If you have a YMCA in your area they have the Open Door Program that they base your monthly payment on your Income and what you pay out.
    [/quote

I joined the Y earlier this year. They are awesome! :smile:
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Yup, definitely check out the Y. They have a scholarship program that can help people with lower incomes (if that's your case) so it's usually significantly cheaper than any other gym.
  • Reneefit135
    Options
    I go to Planet FItness to lift weights. You just cant beat the price. True - no classes there but its still worth the membership they even have free training sessions. I love mine. For classes i do to a dance studio that has Zumba, Pilates etc...
  • wowmom23
    wowmom23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I go to a Gold's Gym and love it - I'm in Texas and it's only $5/week with NO COMMITMENT! Lots of classes and great equipment.
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Wow!! I live in the wrong country!! In the UK i go to my local gym and pay £28 ($43) a month on a 12 month contract....and that is quite cheap for around here!