You might be a redneck if...

Options
gwduker
gwduker Posts: 293
OK, what is YOUR redneck moment/s. Camping this weekend it was so hot I was sweating my backside off no matter what I was doing. I stunk up every shirt I had along.

My brother and I came up with this way to wash clothes. We took a 5 gal pail of water, added some soap, and used a toilet plunger to agitate the clothes in the pail. We did this for about 15 minutes, then did it twice more in plain water for the rinse cycle, then hung them up to dry. Worked great!

So what's yours??

Replies

• alleycat88
    alleycat88 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    If you go swimming in the pond on private hunting property... that is not yours :laugh:
  • gwduker
    Options
    If you go swimming in the pond on private hunting property... that is not yours :laugh:
    Just swimming or skinny dippin'!! :laugh:
  • alleycat88
    Options
    Just swimming or skinny dippin'!!

If you're a real redneck you'll know the answer without this lady having to tell :blushing: :laugh:
  • gwduker
    Options
    Just swimming or skinny dippin'!!

If you're a real redneck you'll know the answer without this lady having to tell :blushing: :laugh:
    My next question.... why wasn't I invited?? :happy:
  • alleycat88
    Options
    we could only fit 6 people in the truck! :smokin:
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options
    How's this for redneck? I actually DID grow up in a trailer for some weekends of my life and I remember my step-dad working night shifts at a cab company so they'd put tin foil on their windows.

Oh and nothing like being like 8 years old and going with mom to the bar where step dad worked as a bartender, drinking "shirley temples." Oh and there was always Neer Beer in the fridge. And nobody actually cooked, we just ate fast food. Finally, everybody in the house smoked....but me, not allowed!

OMG this was NOT redneck. This was WT!!!!! LOLLLLL
  • gwduker
    Options
    How's this for redneck? I actually DID grow up in a trailer for some weekends of my life and I remember my step-dad working night shifts at a cab company so they'd put tin foil on their windows.

Oh and nothing like being like 8 years old and going with mom to the bar where step dad worked as a bartender, drinking "shirley temples." Oh and there was always Neer Beer in the fridge. And nobody actually cooked, we just ate fast food. Finally, everybody in the house smoked....but me, not allowed!

So what you're say is, you had sort of a normal childhood?? :laugh:
  • obrendao
    obrendao Posts: 318
    Options

So what you're say is, you had sort of a normal childhood?? :laugh:

Exactly! LOL
  • Lainnee
    Lainnee Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Why would you pu tin foil on the windows? Just curious.

I dated someone in Gum Branch, NC who taught me to shoot.....I loved it and was a good shot! He teased me telling me I then had to help him shoot snakes on his property......uh, ths city girl is not that redneck!
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    umm....I can still remember Billy Beer.
    I know what frog gigging is.
    And real Brunswick stew is made with squirrel meat.
    *yes, I am a redneck*
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    OK, what is YOUR redneck moment/s. Camping this weekend it was so hot I was sweating my backside off no matter what I was doing. I stunk up every shirt I had along.

My brother and I came up with this way to wash clothes. We took a 5 gal pail of water, added some soap, and used a toilet plunger to agitate the clothes in the pail. We did this for about 15 minutes, then did it twice more in plain water for the rinse cycle, then hung them up to dry. Worked great!

So what's yours??
    ^^^I've done this, and it effin' works. No shame in being a redneck.

My husband (who's Mexican) calls me a redneck when I let our 3 year old run around the house all day with nothing on but his briefs. It's 105 in Dallas, and that's less clothes for me to wash.

Funny thing is, I go outside and all the Mexican kids are running around OUTSIDE with just their underwear on, except they're like eight years. I'm not hating on that, I just think it's hilarious.
  • AReasor
    AReasor Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    You may be a redneck.

When "bass boat sparkle" is valid color description.

When you have an Uncle named Rocky and a Cousin named Bubba.

When you learned to fish before you learned read.

You may be a redneck. All true and loving it!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    You may be a redneck.

When "bass boat sparkle" is valid color description.

When you have an Uncle named Rocky and a Cousin named Bubba.

When you learned to fish before you learned read.

You may be a redneck. All true and loving it!
    Omg. Lmao. So true.
  • JessigirlJb
    Options
    well yesterday i helped kill a bottle of whiskey and then shot it out of the sky with my shot gun...
  • KaraP18
    KaraP18 Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    You build a mount for your trolling motor on your boat using left over pieces of 2x4 and a nail. True Story. lol.
  • gwduker
    Options
    well yesterday i helped kill a bottle of whiskey and then shot it out of the sky with my shot gun...
    You too?? That is sort of how I killed my cell phone this weekend too. Spilled my drink all over it! :ohwell:
  • gwduker
    Options
    Why would you pu tin foil on the windows? Just curious.

It reflects the light and heat. Light so you can sleep during the day, and heat to keep the trailer cool.
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Might be a redneck if the food plot for the deer is bigger than the garden
  • mandymay01
    mandymay01 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    You greet your friend with 'get any deer' instead of hello
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    @HawleyGriffin You revived this thread just for me didn't you?!