Ladies........high heels

Options
12346»

Replies

• Veronikitta
    Options
    Generally speaking, less weight on your feet = less pain; If you are wearing stilettos you're out of luck! That takes years of getting your ligaments and muscles used to. For a 1" to 3" heal you probably will feel a little better. I wouldn't go from wearing flip flops and tennis shoes to heels without expecting pain though~lol~
    Good Luck!
  • MrsJBC
    MrsJBC Posts: 10
    Options
    the only way high heels don't hurt my feet is when i'm on my back.....if you know what I mean *wink wink, nudge nudge*LOL

Thanks for the laugh! I sure needed that this morning. But I'm sure your right on! LOL
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately designer heels are the only way to go...otherwise your feet are toast.

Plus, wearing heels really helped me tone up my legs.
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I'm hoping so....and a pair of Louboutins are my reward for reaching goal! They'd better be comfy! lol

They are not...I have a pair of Louboutin Pigalle I believe 4 or 5 inches...I bought them when I was skinny and nope, not comfy at all but damn sexy. Just be prepared to not walk too far, make sure you have a car that picks you up and drops you off so you don't need to walk for more than 3 minutes then you'll be fine.

Was the money worth it? Totally cuz they are insanely sexy and makes your legs look very long and slender. Can I stand in them? Barely but that's what my husband is for.

=)
  • ChevyChick88
    ChevyChick88 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I am a heel fanatic! When I was about 50 pounds lighter, I wore them all the time and they never hurt at all. Now, I cannot wear the same exact heels for more than an hour or so without being in awful pain. I really think that having more weight makes heels more painful! At least in my experience, this was true. Maybe it is different for different people.... IDK.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Just make sure they have platforms, that really helps, bc the heel height isn't quite so high. Also, yes gel inserts. I have expensive shoes and not expensive shoes and there's some good and bad for both, so meh.
    If you aren't used to wearing them, of course they won't be comfy.
  • mellabyte
    mellabyte Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Platforms and "chunkier" heels definitely help, but sadly, no. I'm sure my joints are thanking me a little bit, and your center of gravity is much better. I'm not gonna lie, it's easier moving all this around 50lbs lighter...

But reality, after a couple of hours, sexy shoes are still killer. The higher you go, the more they tear up your calves, knees, and such - 50lbs heavier or not. ^_^;;;

I love them, and damn do they make my legs look haaaaawt - but I also know the price I pay to wear them when I do. :P So I keep some fold-able flats at the ready for long nights. ;)
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed yet.. the only heels I can wear are ones from American Eagle or that are really expensive. I imagine when I weigh less, I may be able to wear different heels. Heels aren't very good for the feet.. I love heels though so I opt for the wedges and an open toe concept.
  • MarCarCas
    MarCarCas Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Haven't read the whole thread, but I would recommend getting some Aerosoles on sale. Best shoes ever, hands down. They are amazingly comfy, even at my highest weight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!