100ish pounds lost, 120ish pounds to go

Options
Hey folks! I'm not new to losing weight, but I am new to MyFitnessPal. A little over a year ago I was over 420 pounds (scale didn't count higher than that). I'm at 318 now. I've been as low as 305, but lost some ground recently. I'm trying to get back on track. I lost the first 100 pounds pretty much on my own - counting calories, doing a lot of push mowing (large yard), using a treadmill at home to walk/jog and doing local 5Ks occasionally. I've had success, obviously, but I've only been accountable to myself. With my recent faltering, I thought I'd add something new and find some friends that are on the same journey. If you have a lot of weight to lose, or even if you don't, and you're looking for friends, feel free to add me. ~ Michael

Replies

• Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    Adding :-)
  • ewjohnson4
    ewjohnson4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Michael, that is OUTSTANDING! Really great to hear a story like that. I know that you will keep the momentum going and get the next 100+ in no time! Keep us posted on your progress!

Ted
  • cbroadaway2
    Options
    Michael that's awesome!! Keep going!!! I hope you find you like MFP. Feel free to add me if you would like.
  • LMP18
    LMP18 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like. I have over 100 lbs to go...You are now at my starting weight. Congrats on the loss so far and good luck on your continued weight loss!
  • shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Hey Michael! Welcome and good luck in your journey! I've lost 75 pounds and I have about 100 to 120 more to lose so feel free to add me!

Caroline
  • AlanLeMay
    Options
    Great job! I am adding you!
  • xaveria2
    xaveria2 Posts: 62
    Options
    Congratulations on your great loss so far. I am on the same journey as you and currently have probably the same amount as you to lose. Add me as a friend if you like.
    ~Sue~
  • kt1280
    kt1280 Posts: 19
    Options
    Welcome, Michael! I have found MFP to be a great tool and it does keep you accountable! I'll add you right now.

Congrats on the previous weight loss and good luck for the journey ahead!! :)
  • lcooke24
    lcooke24 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Added!
  • gargisingh
    gargisingh Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Congrats Michael! Adding!
  • rawfull
    rawfull Posts: 178
    Options
    Very inspiring, thanks for sharing... :)
  • RhoRocks
    RhoRocks Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What a way to 100ish pounds without support of all the little MyFitnessPal voices cheering you on?

Michael, you made a great decision by joining MFP. I'm brand new but already have enjoyed a great deal of support and encouragement.

Knock it out of the park, Michael!!!

"Progression... not perfection"
  • mkhmmr120
    Options
    Thanks all! I'm blown away by the number of friend requests I've received in the last half hour and I'm very thankful for the kind words. I'm looking forward to getting to know the community and I'm excited to share the journey with all of you. I'll be periodically checking back to send friend requests out to those who have asked me to add them. If I somehow miss you, please send me an invite directly.