This first week is so hard!!!

Options
Hi!!!! I'm sure this is a normal feeling but I hate it. This is my first week on My fitness pal. (I've been on this program for a couple of months but I'm sort of starting over this week.) So far I have some what managed to stay around my goal everyday but I havent been able to exercise AND I feel like I could eat everything in my house!!! Does anyone else ever have this problem? I'm afraid at the end of the week when I weigh in I'm going to be disappointed. I'll be happy if I lose a pound a week because they add up over time. Right now I'm so anxious about weighing in Friday that I cant focus on my immediate goal of just making it through the day. If anyone has every felt like this please let me know I'm not the only one. Feel free to add me and comment. The more motivation the easier it seems to get.

Replies

• Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT :))))))) That's what me and smtillman2 are for ;)
  • MaureenH39
    MaureenH39 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    The first week IS always really hard. Personally I always feel soooo hungry the first 1-2 weeks...but, you can do it!!!!
  • Yardtigress
    Yardtigress Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Can't exercise? Are you watching TV? During the commerials, get up and do jumping jacks or march in place or something. During an hour show there are about 12-15 mins of commerials. For my so hungry feelings I drink beef or chicken broth. Only 15 cals for a cup, with carrot sticks or celery or something low cal. Keep it up, you can do it and if you can so can I.
  • smtillman2
    smtillman2 Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    It is really hard getting into a routine those first couple of weeks but you have me and Mama_Mila to help motivate you! You can do this!!!
  • esneer1
    esneer1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am close to 100 days of logging... have lost 45 lbs.... every day is hard. Every day is just as hard as that first week.
  • jordanreddick
    jordanreddick Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Could you be entering your TOM? Starting a new exercise program with that coming up isn't a good idea. Motivation is your biggest key right now. Buy a pair of jeans in the size you want to be and pin them on the wall next to the size you are in now to motivate you every time you look at where you are and where you want to be. As your weight loss progresses, change the current size until you've met your goal. Put motivational posters up or change your screensaver. Do something to always remond yourself of you goal. Lean on friends when you need to. There is always a way.
  • ChangeupEma
    Options
    Hello last week was my first week as well, and I was not able to get much exercise done either :( so easy to just put it off for another day. I did go to the gym one day out of the week, but this week I'm pushing to go @ least 2-3 days for the week. We can do this by taking it one day at a time!
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Do not do weigh-in, seriously!!!!! Just keeping logging and make it part of your routine. It is fun even if you are over your limit, because the focus is on LEARNING what is working, what is not...and sooner or later you will not freak out over little details...and enjoy the life change as opposed to the number on the scale.

I am totally speaking based on my experience. I never got the whole tracking thing....and now it is part of me and it helped me SO MUCH in understanding how much I eat (even if it is over)...and the fact that I feel different as opposed to the scale tells me I am different :)

My advice is to just focus on doing what you are doing. For me, I did not do the whole BIG CHANGE...because that failed so many times before. I just staretd logging...and found that fun...and started doing more calories count....then I found exercises I like..and now that's a regular part of my life too....and so on....having a more balanced meal is on my next phase...so is more cardio...

I have pretty much reached my goal (not that I was married to a specific number)...and my body has changed a lot.

You can do it. !
  • eso2012
    eso2012 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    BTW, in terms of exercising, I experimented a lot (while NOT working out, ha!) and finally landed on Pilates. MAJOR CLICK. I am addicted and will go for teacher training as well. From there, I realized I needed more cardio...and maybe need more uppper body shaping. It only took that teeny little step, that little click, and you will find that everything will fall into place. Enjoy the process!