Who are you, and what have you done with.......ME????

NSV from today has me no longer recognizing myself.

I am not an athlete....or a morning person. I've been working really hard at the C25K thing, just to prove I can though....at my own pace, taking longer than a calendar week for some "weeks". Today's plan....week 5, day 1....on my lunch hour on the treadmill or after work.

Now for the wierd part.

I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately, and was up around 5:30 this morning....with only about 4 hours of total rest, knowing I had to get up in the next hour to get ready for work. UGH. Then, this person whom I NO LONGER RECOGNIZE - put on her tennies and went outside. To run. Before 6AM. The weather was cooler than it has been in a long time, and there was still steam/fog coming off the fields...it was a BEAUTIFUL morning. I was over halfway through before my morning alarm on the phone went off. The old, 33lbs heavier me would have been in bed, pulling the covers over my head and trying to figure out how to get through the work day without enough sleep. This new person - is still running off the excitement of having another successful day of C25K under her belt. I kinda like her....this new me.

Have a great day everyone!

Replies

• SaraBelle0312
    SaraBelle0312 Posts: 328 Member
    Oh! That is the best feeling in the world! So proud of you & your journey! Congrats!
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    That is very exciting indeed:flowerforyou:
  • meeky81
    meeky81 Posts: 96 Member
    Congrats, you're doing so well!! The new you is fab!
  • arrawyn79
    arrawyn79 Posts: 275 Member
    that's fantastic!!! WOW! Good for you! must be an amazing feeling to realize how much you've changed into a person who fits being healthy into their lives :)
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Way cool :), Congrats!
  • Devonwood
    Devonwood Posts: 44 Member
    Wow, what a great story! Congrats on your success.
  • kimpossible471
    kimpossible471 Posts: 268 Member
    that's fantastic!!! WOW! Good for you! must be an amazing feeling to realize how much you've changed into a person who fits being healthy into their lives :)

It's still a little wierd...but in a good way :
  • bitterdolly1
    bitterdolly1 Posts: 8 Member
    What a beautiful story, wonderfully stated! I'm about two pounds away from starting the C25K, the goal was to lose 20lbs before embarking on phase 2 of "healthy living" the dreded excersise part. I must admit I'm a little scared, and a little excited at the same time. . . .but mostly scared.

Congrats!
  • kimpossible471
    What a beautiful story, wonderfully stated! I'm about two pounds away from starting the C25K, the goal was to lose 20lbs before embarking on phase 2 of "healthy living" the dreded excersise part. I must admit I'm a little scared, and a little excited at the same time. . . .but mostly scared.

Congrats!

Dolly - YOU CAN DO IT! I was NEVER a runner before starting this program. I did start walking maybe 2-3 weeks before starting several times a week....that may help if you're not doing anything right now.
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    You must feel AMAZING! Good for you! And congratulations on 33lbs - over 1/2 way to your GOAL!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Oh Kim, I'm so overjoyed reading this! Really, really proud of you.

The funny thing is, I'm not certain you (or any of us) have really become 'new'. I think that maybe just we are finally finding our real selves; who we were meant to be. And we're pretty incredible, aren't we?!!

And I bet that when you were on your morning run on at least one occasion you whispered in your head: "I'm a runner!!!"

Thanks for the inspiration!

Bitterdolly: The majority of us doing it have never run in our lives and most of us have weight to lose. Please don't let any extra pounds put you off - running will really help those inches come off (and it gets to be quite good fun too!). I love it as my exercise is over in 35 minutes flat, with a great calorie burn. Much easier than slogging it out in the gym for hours on end (and much cheaper). There is a C25K group if you'd like to come and have a look around: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/30-couch-to-5k-running-program-c25k
  • KristenEvans77
    KristenEvans77 Posts: 14 Member
    Thank you for sharing! Way to go YOU!
  • becsnz1
    becsnz1 Posts: 85 Member

Congrats!

Dolly - YOU CAN DO IT! I was NEVER a runner before starting this program. I did start walking maybe 2-3 weeks before starting several times a week....that may help if you're not doing anything right now.

What Kim said!!! And great stuff to you you Kimpossible!!!! Am off for my W1C25KD1 again.....
  • This is awesome! Congrats to you and your new self!!
  • mclay12
    mclay12 Posts: 58 Member
    That is awesome!!! I am doing the Ease into 10k program (currently in week 5) and some days I am simply amazed at what my body can do!!!

Thanks for sharing...
  • kimpossible471
    And I bet that when you were on your morning run on at least one occasion you whispered in your head: "I'm a runner!!!"

Liz - I found myself alternating between the voice in my head whispering "holy crap - look at you....you're doing it" and giggling...out loud....like a freaking lunatic. It was a very strangely surreal morning :)
  • kimpossible471

Congrats!

What Kim said!!! And great stuff to you you Kimpossible!!!! Am off for my W1C25KD1 again.....

becsna - the crazy lunatic giggling I was doing this morning was because a short time ago - I was in Week 1, where you are....and couldn't imagine it EVER getting any easier. KEEP AT IT :)
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    I love this!!!! Thanks for posting! And good girl!
  • AmandaI83
    AmandaI83 Posts: 21 Member
    How wonderful for you!! And how inspiring is that?! Keep up the great work!! :flowerforyou:
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member

Liz - I found myself alternating between the voice in my head whispering "holy crap - look at you....you're doing it" and giggling...out loud....like a freaking lunatic. It was a very strangely surreal morning :)

Ha ha! I swear to God I run faster when I smile (and, yes, I have been known to laugh like a mad woman to myself when I break through a new time - and even raise my arms up, Olympic style. If I'm red-faced and sweaty I can't feel any more embarassed anyhow).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!