The Answer Is 42!

Options

Replies

• Trechechus
    Trechechus Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    It must be Thursday. I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
  • katrwal
    katrwal Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    There is a theory which states that if ever anybody discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.

so glad we finally have a national holiday for this... brought my towel to work on May 25 - and was, surprisingly, not the only one who did so :)
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    if you multiply six by nine?

Who are you, Nancy Pelosi?
    6x9 = 54
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    if you multiply six by nine?

Who are you, Nancy Pelosi?
    6x9 = 54

"Very deep," said Arthur, "you should send that in to the Reader's Digest. They've got a page for people like you."

Obviously forgot his TOWEL!!
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Don't forget to bring a towel.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Given 27 same-size cubes whose nominal values progress from 1 to 27, a 3×3×3 magic cube can be constructed such that every row, column, and corridor, and every diagonal passing through the center, is composed of 3 cubes whose sum of values is 42
  • downsizinghoss
    downsizinghoss Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Aw Belgium to you too!
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    ...and we even had a little washcloth.....\m/

towelie.jpg
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,019 Member
    Options
    singdolphins.gif

..and I effed up the quote in my first post.
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    I need to keep that towel close today
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I'm somewhat disappointed the OP isn't who I thought it would be.
  • CaWaterBug8
    CaWaterBug8 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    tumblr_m7ichkVwlV1ruyfj5o1_500.gif
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    singdolphins.gif

..and I effed up the quote in my first post.

I wasn't going to say anything, but I laughed in derision. :tongue:
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    How many roads must a man walk down?
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    dontpanic_full.jpg
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    How many Vogons does it take to change a lightbulb?
  • PittShkr
    PittShkr Posts: 1,000 Member
    Options
    That reminds me of a story....

My ex-girlfriend is short, around 5'2. She was at Gay Pride one year and was standing in line for something. She thought she heard her name being called. So she went to whip her head around and whipped it right into the lady behind her's bare breasts. My girlfriend said they hit her cheek and then sort of reverberated back. She looked up to say "sorry" to this really hard looking girl. In fact the girl had on a dominatrix leather X thing holding the breasts up. The girl looked mad at first and then looked down and saw my poor girlfriend looking up apologetically and smiled.
  • MrDude_1
    Options
    That reminds me of a story....

My ex-girlfriend is short, around 5'2. She was at Gay Pride one year and was standing in line for something. She thought she heard her name being called. So she went to whip her head around and whipped it right into the lady behind her's bare breasts. My girlfriend said they hit her cheek and then sort of reverberated back. She looked up to say "sorry" to this really hard looking girl. In fact the girl had on a dominatrix leather X thing holding the breasts up. The girl looked mad at first and then looked down and saw my poor girlfriend looking up apologetically and smiled.

this story is useless without pictures.
  • ChrisRS87
    ChrisRS87 Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    But The Answer Is 42!

But 4 and 2 are both multiples of 2. Taking 42, dividing it by 2, then adding 2, and you get:

THE NUMBER 23. It's everywhere....
  • jjl0412
    jjl0412 Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Given 27 same-size cubes whose nominal values progress from 1 to 27, a 3×3×3 magic cube can be constructed such that every row, column, and corridor, and every diagonal passing through the center, is composed of 3 cubes whose sum of values is 42

AWESOME! Now.... Again.... What was The Question?

"Some factual information for you. Have you any idea how much damage that bulldozer would suffer if I just let it roll straight over you?"