Plateau

Options
Hi everyone! I have been doing very well on mfp. Been trying since Feb. I walk about five times a week for an hour. I eat 1200 calories a day. Sometimes it is hard to stay at 1200 and I feel I may have about 1300 calories a day. I have been at the same weight for about six weeks. I am getting disappointed. My husband thinks i should eat more protein. I do find that it is hardest towards the end of the day and find myself having a lot of low calorie snacks. Any suggestions? I want to lose about another twenty pounds. Thank you!!!

Replies

• joanrobinson2012
    Options
    Try cutting the carbs that come from the 'empty' calories you're consuming.
  • delong99
    delong99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    My advice would be to eat more real food, and fewer processed snacks like the granola bars, ice cream bars etc etc. Are you a vegetarian?

Lean proteins, whole grains, maybe even a few more calories.

Most of your calories seem to come from the snacky items and not real foods.
  • aegisprncs
    aegisprncs Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    I just got over a plateau of basically 60 days. What got me over it? I started eating the calories that I burn and went on a massive cardio burn one weekend. I shocked by bod and it worked. Good luck with yours! Stay vigilant.
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but every plateau I've broken in my own journey has been caused by eating too little.

Are you logging your exercise and eating the extra calories that you earned?
    Are you trying to lose 2 pounds/week (most people are)? As you get closer to your goal weight your weight loss slows down. Two pounds a week may not be feasible anymore.

I agree with your husband that you need way more protein. I'd also say to try upping your calories by just 100-200 a day and see what happens. You might also want to include some strength training or interval training.
  • michele040673
    michele040673 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much. I do eat to many snacks!!!
  • michele040673
    michele040673 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Thank you to all of you who responded. I appreciate any advice. I will keep plugging along!!
  • RiyaO
    RiyaO Posts: 19
    Options
    Hang in there- if you've been doing 1200 for too long, might need to change it up. I agree with one of the previous comments about cardio shocking the body, I went on an intense cardio spree for about a week- and it really helped get things moving. Also you might pay attention to the types of calories you're consuming i.e. 1200 cals of lean protein is going to be different than 1200 carb calories.