No appetite

Options
ok so, I'm finding myself not very hungry and trying to get most of my calories in for the day,
strange cause normally i want to munch through out the day. Anyone else with that problem?

Replies

• Selahsdaddy
    Options
    Sometimes if I'm drinking a lot of water! I have found that often times when I believe I'm hungry, I'm actually thirsty. Enjoy these days however, as those "munchie" type days come quite often.
  • warpedlogic
    Options
    Are you eating a lot of protein during your meals? Protein makes us feel full longer. Also great point about hunger masking as thirst. A good way to do this test is to drink 8 oz of water then wait 15 min. If you're hungry, you'll still feel it.
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I'm type 2 diabetic so i am eating more protein then carbs, i try to have a protein anytime i eat a carb to keep my blood sugars level.i'm drinking water all day long now which i never did before.
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    I find myself just not hungry sometimes, like today. I didnt really eat fantastically yesterday so I kinda attributed that to a lack of hunger. Most days I come into work starving if I dont eat by 8 am.
  • shaunaruiz
    shaunaruiz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    If you don't have much of an appetite you could eat a meal bar to get in your calorie range. Glucerna would be a good one for your type 2 diabetes. It'll keep your sugar stable and give you the vitamins and nutrients your body needs. Also lots of water :) I have days like that too sometimes. Here's the info on the meal bars and there's a printable coupon on this page: http://glucerna.com/diabetes-meal-bars
  • Lizzym911
    Lizzym911 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shauna! i'm going to print that out now.:flowerforyou:
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    That's me. And the more I lose, the less hungry I am (no eating disorders - promise!). And yes, I'm still losing.

I think it's because I - like you - do more proteins to keep my blood sugar stable. My hunger diminished a lot when I started to aim for 40% carbs (I'm always over a bit, but am consistently under 50%) and really have avoided unprocessed, high glycemic carbs. I also find that maybe once a week I have a day when I AM pretty hungry. And then I eat.

My current hypothesis is that all that recent research suggests that your calorie usage/metabolism slows down more with weight loss and exercise than previous models suggests. Thus as I lose more I need less and less. So I am trusting my body, eating when I'm hungry, and going with that.
  • mccbabe1
    mccbabe1 Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    If you don't have much of an appetite you could eat a meal bar to get in your calorie range. Glucerna would be a good one for your type 2 diabetes. It'll keep your sugar stable and give you the vitamins and nutrients your body needs. Also lots of water :) I have days like that too sometimes. Here's the info on the meal bars and there's a printable coupon on this page: http://glucerna.com/diabetes-meal-bars

this^^ good advice! =)
  • THINk_kkaybbyx0
    Options
    honestly i feel that way sometimes. i think personally with myself it's because i am more and more determined with each passing day to reach one of my goals. and with me it's more of cutting out all of the snacking and replacing them with small portioned meals through out the day. i used to only be able to go a couple of hours with out eating something. now i'm good with lunch during the day, maybe a breif snack somewhere in the afternoon, and a dinner.

i don't think there's anything wrong with that at all =)