Date Night Ideas

Options
My husband and I go out on date nights. In the past it was always going to a bar & dinner. I really don't want to be counting calories on date night. He doesn't dance and movies are out (no connection watching a movie). Any ideas?

Replies

• iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    This is not so easy!
    I would suggest:

Sporting events ( if you like them)
    Fishing (if you like to :))
    Bowling
    Something creative ( pottery painting?)
    Concerts/shows/plays

Those are a few I could think of.
    :)
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    I would say you should sit on the floor and fast and then meditate for 3 hours. Its cheap and you dont eat.
  • RedHeadDevotchka
    RedHeadDevotchka Posts: 1,394 Member
    Options
    Take a walk and then have a picnic somewhere
    Go to a coffee shop and talk over coffee
    Have a game night with friends, it's like double or triple dating
    Play a board game like chess, but with some sexy rules, like strip poker
  • Lone_Wolf70
    Lone_Wolf70 Posts: 2,820 Member
    Options
    Take a walk and then have a picnic somewhere
    Go to a coffee shop and talk over coffee
    Have a game night with friends, it's like double or triple dating
    Play a board game like chess, but with some sexy rules, like strip poker

u think that is more fun than fasting and meditating?
  • Jessica0410
    Jessica0410 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Bowling is def. a good idea if you are into that. If not maybe give it a try and you might like it. I know I do. You arent just sitting on your butt the whole time.And most bowling allys also have pooltables.:smile:
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    I love bowling dates. Competitive and fun. Bowl for.... Favors ;) Go karts. Arcade. Anything where you can be silly and laugh are good.
    Pack a picnic, wine and tunes and just drive until someplace looks inviting. Do it at night and have a nice headlight dance.

Have fun!
  • ohmariposa
    ohmariposa Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    Museums? You get to walk around and there is a lot to talk about. We enjoy doing that a lot. We also like theatre. Sometimes just walking around a park and sharing some chit chat. I personally am sick of just going out to eat and the movies.
  • Pedal_Pusher
    Pedal_Pusher Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    sex
  • katrinkap
    katrinkap Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    bike ride or a hike... then sex. :)
  • shortybb26
    shortybb26 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    -walk at a botanical garden or zoo-bike ride with a picnic-have a arts and crafts night -board game night-go to a paint your own pottery place-volunteer together-visit a monument or historical place in your area-surprise him for a date lunch during the day where you make it ahead of time if possible depending on job-have him read you a book while you make a romantic dinner at home

-Just a few ideas..
  • beach_please
    beach_please Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    I love bowling dates. Competitive and fun. Bowl for.... Favors ;) Go karts. Arcade. Anything where you can be silly and laugh are good.
    Pack a picnic, wine and tunes and just drive until someplace looks inviting. Do it at night and have a nice headlight dance.

Have fun!

Julie, great ideas. I absolutely love these!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    My husband and I do date nights, too. The other night we went to a pool hall, split a burger and then shot pool for a couple of hours. We had a great time! We have bowling on our list. We are going to hit the comedy club one night.

We traveled to a town about 30 minutes from my parents' lake house a couple of weeks ago that we had never been to. We wandered around town and then had a nice, light dinner out. We are going to see Hope Springs this weekend, we'll hold hands while watching it, so we'll have a connection.

We go to the big flea market in our area occasionally and just wander around for a couple of hours.
  • EastCoast_Girl
    Options
    I relly like going to Bingo with my husband....Laughter is very important and we laugh alot when we go there, and we win sometimes
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    ILoveTheBrowns Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    sex

this made me laugh......laughed real hard
  • mminor77
    mminor77 Posts: 313
    Options
    I like the Museum idea but if that doesn't work out then challenge your husband to a cage fight then after that have sex.
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Bowling, Ice Skating, Rollar Skating, Mini-golf?? Do you have any art museums? How about a nice nature hike with a little bag packed with all the right stuff?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I would say you should sit on the floor and fast and then meditate for 3 hours. Its cheap and you dont eat.
    I nearly peed my pants. My sides hurt.
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    Options
    go to a **** fight.....continuous action and money to be made
  • ILoveTheBrowns
    Options
    i cant believe that blurred out ****....go to a chicken fight
  • mandiam
    mandiam Posts: 109
    Options
    My husband and I love our date nights.

We go on bike rides together
    We go to the shooting range
    Go to the gym together and do crossfit workouts
    Comedy shows (easy to win tickets or coupon it!)
    Poker nights at the house
    Scrabble nights
    Wrestling matches
    Water balloon fights
    Laser Tag

etc. etc. This week's is the shooting range where we do crossfit shooting and then eat our crockpot meal (good bc no one has to cook!)