salad dressings?

Options
I have never really enjoyed ranch dressing, does anyone have any salad dressings that they really like or recipes for some?

Replies

• AmyFett
    AmyFett Posts: 1,607 Member
    Options
    i like balsamic vinaigrette and caesar
  • lorshort
    lorshort Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My favorite salad dressing is Paul Newman's Lite Raspberry Vinegarette. It has very little sodium compared to most lite salad dressings.:smile:
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    My husband will not touch Ranch. I use- Kraft Light Raspberry Vinaigrette Reduced Fat Dressing and he likes it as well.
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Try Bolton Farms Yogurt Dressings, quite good!
  • CaylinDye
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I will definitely look into it!
  • aqm22
    aqm22 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    olive oil, mustard (the good kind), vinegar(usually balsamic), a little bit of salt = basic vinegrette dressing
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Try Bolton Farms Yogurt Dressings, quite good!

^^^^ I agree!!
  • Ashers83
    Ashers83 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I don't really care for ranch either. I LOVE Trader Joe's Cilantro dressing. It's creamy and only 35 calories!

For my own recipe, I put a few cloves of garlic, juice from a lime, and a bunch of cilantro in a food processor and it makes a nice marinade type dressing (not creamy). I put it on salads, veggies, and even shrimp and chicken before the grill. It's awesome.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Newman's Sesame Ginger (light) and Cranberry Walnut (light) are both good

You're lucky you're not a Ranch fan ..... so high in calories
  • CaylinDye
    Options
    yeah lol i have never really liked it on anything. But those dressings sound good!
  • BrazenHarpy
    BrazenHarpy Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like Brianna's dressings. Currently I'm obsessed with the French Vinaigrette and the Chipotle.
  • AliceMpls
    Options
    Trader Joe's has a lot of dressings that are really yummy and low calorie:)
  • nortx
    nortx Posts: 130
    Options
    A dressing I make all the time, including today is:

1 Tablespoon Hellmans light mayo
    2 Tablespoons Pace mild picante

Mix well and toss with salad. Makes alot of dressing.
    Total of 45 calories.

Enjoy!
    :flowerforyou:
  • jfogarty45
    Options
    I like Ott's Poppy Seed Dressing-very low in calories and you get 2 Tbsp. On WW it is zero points because there is 9 grams of fiber in it.
  • yellowyellow
    yellowyellow Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    On my veggies or salads I just like to use Heinz salad vinegar. It's really good and not strong tasting. You can even add it to other vinegarette type dressings, i.e., Italian or raspberry, to make that tablespoon go further.
  • kriszenn
    Options
    Where can you get these dressings, and how many calories per serving?
  • twinklinglucy
    Options
    I like Hidden Valley Ranch's new pommegranite viniagrette. I also make a mustard viniagrette with brown mustard, balsamic vinegar, a touch of sea salt & olive oil. For those that are ranch lovers & want to cut the fat, I squeeze a fresh lime onto the salad with it to use less -- adds tanginess.
  • Tat2dDom624
    Tat2dDom624 Posts: 1,226 Member
    Options
    Ken's Light Asian Sesame dressing is addicting!
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Bernstein's Light Cheese Fantastico. Only 25 cals. Great on salad but also a great marinade/sauce for cooking chicken breasts in a crock pot.
  • drmikej1008
    Options
    Use a sprinkling of either lemon juice or cider vinegar and a few drops of Extra-Virgin Olive Oil, some freshly-ground black pepper, and just a half a pinch of coarse sea-salt, plus any other herbs and spices you may enjoy.