30DS / Insanity 60 Day

Options
I am very low on cash until payday, so have downloaded 30 Day Shred, and Insanity 60 Day Deluxe.

As I've downloaded them, I have to watch them on my Mac - which is fine for now. I want to try them out, before spending money I don't really have, buying the DVD of them to watch them on my TV. As I've downlaoded them, I don't have packaging and such, so I'm a little confused on how I go about completing them...

Insanity has 12 DVDs... do I do one DVD per day, and then go back around them? As that'd mean watching them 5 times?

With 30 day shred it has 3 DVDs... do I literally do one DVD per week? (Each DVD increases in level / intensity)
(Considering buying this to start with as it's only £5 from Amazon.)

Probably stupidly obvious the questions I'm asking - but you never know! I want to ensure I'm doing it right!

Replies

• sarahrobin
    sarahrobin Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    For Insanity, look up the calendar. It will show you what to do each day. 30DS you do each level for 10 days straight. I've done both (currently doing my first round of Insanity). I like Insanity so much more. I had a lot of knee issues with 30DS- even though my knees are usually just fine. I have had zip with Insanity. Insanity is more of a time consumer, though. It's 40 minutes vs. 20 minutes. I feel like I am getting more results with Insanity, though. Plus I like that there are more workouts to choose from so it's harder to get bored. Hope that helps!

Edit: here's a link to a site that has the Insanity calendar:

http://honestworkoutreviews.com/insanity-workout-schedule-pdf
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    Thanks a bunch!

I've taken a look at 30DS, and will be starting this tomorrow. I'm going to buy Insanity as well, in the hope that by doing 30DS, Insanity won't be *as hard* as it would be if I did it straight away!,
  • K8lin1985
    Options
    You only need one DVD with the 30d/s and that has all 3 levels on it. You do level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days and finally level 3 for 10 more.

I am on level 1 and on my 5 day - it's getting easier and starting to feel and see effects! You will need some hand weights, I use ones of 1kg, but you can use more or less if you wish. You will also need a mat if you are on a hard surface.

Good luck, feel free to add me if you wish and I will help you more if I can. xx
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    I started 30DS today... Some moves were easy - some we're pretty hard. I had to stop half way through for a breather as my asthma started playing up and I left my inhaler in the other room :(

I don't have weights, so just used tins of beans for today. a

I feel a little sick after doing it, but also feel better after that short work out!

Do you log it on MFP?
  • ArtemisMoon
    Options
    I tend to log 30DS as aerobics as just some way to note I did it, since I don't use the random calorie amount from it to add to my daily calories. And it may take a while to really keep up with the first workout (I might need to do it longer than 10 days), but you will start to at least see small improvements such as making through an entire round of something you couldn't just a day or two ago, or taking a little longer before you stop for a break. I already find my breathing is better on the stairs at work. Before I would still be breathing very heavily when I made it to my desk or to go get water first thing in the morning, but by my desk today my breathing was already evening out. So the side effects are great if you push yourself and stick with it!

And be prepared for some monster sore muscles for the first few days! ;) Taking a day off once or twice in the beginning is fine if the soreness is "really" bad since you don't want to injure yourself. But working through moderate/light soreness is a good thing!