have you ever used slimming tablets?

Options
Hello Everyone :)

So I was just doing some reserch on slimming tablets and I want to know if any of you have used any before and if they are any thing like what they claim to be?

I was considering starting to take some but I want your advice first.

Also - I do maintain a healthy diet and exercise daily. Its just an idea to help increase my weight loss.

So if yo have ever used a diet pill before please tell me;
- What its called
- If it worked
- Side affects

Your advice would be greatily appreciated. THANKS

Replies

• brandenocs
    brandenocs Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I've tried a couple. Never was really impressed. Started taking Green Tea Extract. It's a great, natural anti-oxidant that also helps boost metabolism. Dropped 4lbs in the last week and a half.
  • PB67
    PB67 Posts: 376
    Options
    Huge waste of $$ (for the most part). The vast majority are caffeine (or other stimulants) combined with a "proprietary blend" that does jack-squat.

Caffeine tablets (or coffee/tea) is equally as effective as an appetite suppressant / thermogenic, and costs a fraction of the price. Just make sure you tolerate stimulants and don't let it affect your sleep.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Yep, Hydroxycut. I almost died.

I was losing a pound a day and then when I stopped taking it because a doctor told me I was at risk for a heart attack, I gained it all back.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    I don't recommend weight loss pills. A good diet and frequent exercise will yield the best results.
  • queenpushycat
    queenpushycat Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    I don't recommend slimming pills. Took them before. It's a waste of money and you have to buy more, WAY MORE, to really see it work. You have to eat in a control diet and exercise a lot. But, I'm actually taking Acai Berry pills to assist on my weight loss... I don't really depend fully on pills now :) Hope it helps.
  • PB67
    Options
    . But, I'm actually taking Acai Berry pills to assist on my weight loss...

Another waste of $$
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    In my personal opinion most of them are scams at best and dangerous at worst. Go talk to your doctor there are some prescription fat binders you can get but be prepared to eat low fat or get diahorrea. Even Alli that you can buy in the chemist can cause some problems in this area if you do not follow the regime properly. Best to avoid them if you can and just eat healthily without worrying about side affects.
  • bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    i took reductil for a few weeks a couple of years ago. did diddly squat. i'm still fat! waste of money and misplaced hope!
  • calss37
    Options
    so I just did abit of research and as tempting as some of the advertisements sound I think ill just stick to what Im already doing, I just wish I could seem more results for what Im doing. Kinda disheartening to get on the scales and see that you have only lost 600gms in a month. LOL.
    AND yes, I control my diet and I exercise 6 times a week for a minimum of 50mins a day.

Does anyone drink alot of green tea? Im researching that now :) but would like to know if anyone else uses it.
  • queenpushycat
    Options

Another waste of $$

I'm sorry that it seems my message has been misunderstood. Acai Berry pills is not a weight loss pills, it's more of a healthy supplements. Like I said (if you can read), I don't rely on weight loss pills. and it's only around 30 bucks, IMO... same as me buying a bottle of Vitamin Cs.
  • PB67
    Options

Another waste of $$

I'm sorry that it seems my message has been misunderstood. Acai Berry pills is not a weight loss pills, it's more of a healthy supplements. Like I said (if you can read), I don't rely on weight loss pills. and it's only around 30 bucks, IMO... same as me buying a bottle of Vitamin Cs.

Where are you buying your vitamin C? Mine only costs around 6 bucks.

Acai (and "designer" superfruits in general) are an overpriced scam. You can get the same benefits from raisins, berries, red wine, etc for a fraction of the price.

Essential reading:

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2009/12/12/monavie-versus-two-buck-chuck/
  • queenpushycat
    Options

Another waste of $$

Where are you buying your vitamin C? Mine only costs around 6 bucks.

Acai (and "designer" superfruits in general) are an overpriced scam. You can get the same benefits from raisins, berries, red wine, etc for a fraction of the price.

Essential reading:

http://www.alanaragonblog.com/2009/12/12/monavie-versus-two-buck-chuck/

"Same" as in the concept of buy the Acai berry. I bought two bottles of Vitamin Cs for 12.. Almost. I don't drink alcohol, and I hate the taste of red wine. :P
  • anetap2000
    anetap2000 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My friend tried lypo6 hers concentrate. She took it for a week. 1 pill in the morning. It works as a appetite suppresssant and thermogenic. She lost few pounds, but she was exercising everyday and she was eating healthy.
    The only side effect was that she was swetting a lot. She didn't gain weight back.
  • dennymac76
    dennymac76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am currently taking slimming tablets.. All Herbal and working a treat :) 13lb down in 3 weeks and no side effects.... using this along with MFP i joined a group on fb and the pics and feedback is really really good. worth a try :)
  • NiSan12
    NiSan12 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    My experience with slimming tablets worked for me. However when I came to my goal weight I found myself hungry all the time and after a while those pills don't work because your body gets use to them. So unfortunately I gained my weight back eventually. This time I did it without the pills and really glad about it. It did take a little longer but I'm not hungry all the time.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Back in the day, I've tried a whole bunch of stuff all promising you can eat whatever you want, yet drop major weight while popping their stuff. I RECOMMEND HARD WORK. Good, moderate diet, and exercise. :*)

NV (however) helped my hair stop falling out.
  • cutchro
    cutchro Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I have never believed in taking supplements... as most say with "diet and exercise"... it is the diet and excercise not the pill that will make you lose weight... I have always had a problem with putting pills into my body. Always wonder what is it doing to my organs long term...I don't even like to take antibiotics!
  • bikhi
    bikhi Posts: 175
    Options
    someone here, i don't remember who, said if there were a magic pill for weight loss there would be no fat people.

wise words.
  • dennymac76
    dennymac76 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    lol if it was up to the nhs there would still be fat ppl whether this existed or not:P however it curbs my hunger and encourages me to drink my required 2 litres of water a day which normally i cant do.... everyone has there own opinions and i appreciate that however this is working for me and i love the energy they give me!! coudlnt do it without mfp though as this helps me make sure im eating ENOUGH. suits my lifestyle as im not a massive salad eater etc and no "diet" required yeyy