Hello from the Pocono's.....Easier to just give up???

Options
This is my 2nd round with weight loss attempts. The first time was 2 years ago which I was very successful at, but I worked out 3-5 hours a day 5,6 & sometimes 7 days a week for 5 months and went from a size 18 down to a 10. Then I faltered due to a bad scare with breast cancer where they had me pre-maturely diagnosed with stage 4 breast cancer (turned out months later to be something much, much less), then immediately after that I became pregnant (unplanned & previous pregnancies were life threatening.....I miscarried 2 months into it), finally my 16year old back injury (2 herniated lower lumbar discs) acted up and I've been in physical therapy since August. My doctor says I am now strong enough to work out at the gym, ect. During all of this I have been in the midst of a 3year long divorce coming out of a very abusive 20 year marriage (complete with restraining orders and all). My 21 year old son tried to kill himself just 3 months ago, my truck was repossesed and our home is in foreclosure and I am disabled due to severe panic attacks, anxiety disorder and depression. My stress level is completely off the charts. I am now back up to a size 16/18 and have gained back every inch I had lost. My goal is to lose it all again before Memorial Day (April would make me very happy!!) and to be able to maintain it this time around. I was, at my worst, 300lbs.....when working out I got down to 199 (didn't look it at all though). My largest size was a 4/5X and I went down to a 10. I was SOOOO much happier and had so much more energy when I lost it all. I want to feel that way again, but my body hurts....again. Every joint hurts, everything aches.....Sometimes I think it's just easier to give up and stay the way that I am. But I remember how good I felt and how everyone I met acted nicer to me when I looked better. I just need motivation to keep going.:cry:

Replies

• annerssju
    annerssju Posts: 111
    Options
    Don't give up!!!! Remember that feeling of looking good- you can have that again! MFP makes me feel like I'm not even on a diet, it just helps me to make healthier choices. And just try to work out a little bit each day, and just tell yourself you'll stop when it hurts. If you can push through the pain, then keep going, but if not, then just stop and work out again tomorrow!
    YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gottagetitoff
    Options
    Don't give up! There has been a lot going on in your life that you cannot control, but this you CAN...so did for yourself and no one else. It'll be the start of all other good things to come. Good luck
  • allahone
    Options
    Don't give up. You will feel better and you see lbs coming off. With the support form my fitnesspal you will be able to hang in there.
  • ZenDivaDP
    ZenDivaDP Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hardly know what to say but felt compelled to reply. You have had so much to deal with that it is no wonder you've found comfort in food. I've done it myself. And I agree I feel better when I eat healthier but after a rough week at work often reach for chocolate. I am trying to change that and deal with what is really eating me. Without going into detail I've had some tragedies in my life and it took time to deal with the pain. I think you need to tread gently and show yourself much love and compassion. You deserve nothing less. Be kind to yourself. You will do your best each day. Some days you will live up to your expectations and some days you will not. But no matter what each day holds you have to always, always go to bed knowing you did your best and you're fabulous no matter what. Please practice positive self talk - none of that negative stuff. I wish you success and hope the future brings you much happiness. All the best!!
  • cvtga
    cvtga Posts: 118
    Options
    You need to try and turn your emotional pain and anxiety into your motivation. Don't look at your past look toward your future with a better you. Best of luck and don't give up.