90pds gone

Options
So far on this site I have lost 90pds and you may ask what has kept me going.. Well that is easy I started this journey because of a good friend who had the nerve to tell me I was a beautiful women and had a great personality but he was worried about my health and well to put it bluntly told me he was attracted to me mentally but not physically.. Now before anyone gets offended on my behalf its what I needed to hear to kick start my path to a healthy lifestyle . I wanted to first and foremost shove it in his face become the beauty on the outside that I knew I had on the inside. After the first 30pds my face changed I felt better,slept better and decided he was just a motivator and nothing more. I would loose more because I wanted to and I wanted to do it all for myself and no one else. I walked every day while at work as I am a police crossing guard and although I did not eat as clean as most on here I stopped drinking soda and water became my best friend. I strength trained with weights at home from day one and now that I have lost 90pds. I am starting to jog in fact I ran my first 5K this past Sat with a time of 34.55. I have never ran at all except when someone was chasing me and it felt great. I was scared but my good friend on this site NinjaMonkey had been doing 5k's for a while now and she was my motivator to try it out. I set a goal to jog the whole thing and I did it and I can say I am proud of myself. Most of all I am finally happy, my personality now matches my body and I am still going. I want to reach my goal and I will and nothing and no one will stop me. For all of you just starting out asking if walking really does help you loose the weight I can tell you this take a good look at me and go out for that walk :)
Started at 256 and I am 5'2 I now weight 166 I was in size 4x shirts and size 24 jeans that where snug on me now I am in size XL but can fit in a large t shirt and size 10 jeans and I started on Sept 1st 2011. I am in a platue now but that is not stopping me I am going to jog more and add more strength time to my strength training routine

282.jpg
031.jpg
011.jpg
008.jpg
004.jpg
NSV.png
10808263_3349.jpg
394739_10151908829310618_1713245758_n.jpg

Replies

• jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Oops, right when I fixed your pics you got them too, haha. Congrats though! :drinker:
  • megalin9
    megalin9 Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    Freakin' incredible! Congrats! You look amazing!
  • torriesummers
    torriesummers Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! There are so many people who would have taken those harsh words and used them as fuel for depression and a pint of Ben and Jerry's, but you used them to fuel your way to a healthier lifestyle. You are a very strong person mentally and now physically! Congrats! (Gotta love chicken wrangling!)
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! You look wonderful and you look like you feel great! :flowerforyou:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    You're amazing! :)
  • jenny95662
    jenny95662 Posts: 997 Member
    Options
    you are awesome and I am so glad to have you as an MFP friend you are so motivating and look fantastic!!!
  • SexyLovinmeCook
    SexyLovinmeCook Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    This is just so inspiring and amazing...You look great!!!
  • seaturtlelove
    seaturtlelove Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! You're such an inspiration to me. Thank you! :flowerforyou:
  • Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    So wonderful to see your GREATprogress. You're a lovely woman, inside and out!!! YOU ROCK!!!
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look great!! Well done on all your hard work!
  • LouiseRose92
    Options
    You look amazing, well done.
    But...
    What on Earth are you doing in the last picture ??
  • FarmGirl69
    FarmGirl69 Posts: 211
    Options
    Great job! I love your story and congrats on sticking with it...so very proud of you!!!
  • grdnr03
    grdnr03 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    congrats!! you look great thanks for sharing!!
  • blissfulself
    blissfulself Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you look so great! and looove the running pic!
  • hydelaa
    hydelaa Posts: 184
    Options
    WAY TO GO! :)
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    You look incredible! And you seem like such a happy and awesome person, in your pics, too! :)
  • Awesome transformation, awesome story, awesome attitude! Congratulations on your accomplishment -- you look great! :)
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    LOL I had just finished a course in phlebotomy and my family made me a rice krispie hand complete with the needle and well I was posing with the cake pretending to draw blood
  • momtimesone
    momtimesone Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, well done.
    But...
    What on Earth are you doing in the last picture ??

LOL I had just finished a course in phlebotomy and my family made me a rice krispie hand complete with the needle and well I was posing with the cake pretending to draw blood
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!