Starting Boot Camp Class

Options
I've been trying to reach my goal of losing 30 pounds by my 30th birthday since the beginning of the year. I have 2 months to go and still 18 pounds to lose to reach that goal. I realize that I may have been a little hard on myself when I set up this goal but I feel I'd be doing myself a disservice if I didn't give it my all.

So, in addition to the zumba classes I do 3 - 4 times a week, I'm adding a 6am Boot Camp class twice a week into my exercise routine. I have to say, I'm nervous. I'm more fit than I've been in years but can't help but worry about trying to keep up.

Anyone have any experience with the class? I've love to hear some success stories!

Replies

• mlm14
    mlm14 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a boot camp tonight at 6pm!! :-) I'm going to go 3xs a week and focus on cardio and abs the other days on my own. I'll send you a friend request. I'd love to share boot camp stories and motivation!
  • foreveryounique
    foreveryounique Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have been attending a fitness bootcamp 3x/week for almost 2 months now and I absolutely love it. It's not about keeping up with everyone else, but pushing yourself a little further each time. What I have found is that the people that go to bootcamps are generally very supportive and will cheer you on.
  • Grimmerick
    Grimmerick Posts: 3,342 Member
    Options
    I really enjoy our boot camp class, it's a lot of circuits, but you will start to sweat within the first five minutes and it burns a lot of calories. Go at your pace but try to make sure you are pushing yourself. Also don't worry about the scale. Start taking measurements or pictures, the results don't always reflect on the scale, but that shouldn't be your main tool for checking results.
  • noKTdidnt
    noKTdidnt Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I'm starting a boot camp tonight at 6pm!! :-) I'm going to go 3xs a week and focus on cardio and abs the other days on my own. I'll send you a friend request. I'd love to share boot camp stories and motivation!

Sounds great! Thanks! :)
  • noKTdidnt
    Options
    I really enjoy our boot camp class, it's a lot of circuits, but you will start to sweat within the first five minutes and it burns a lot of calories. Go at your pace but try to make sure you are pushing yourself. Also don't worry about the scale. Start taking measurements or pictures, the results don't always reflect on the scale, but that shouldn't be your main tool for checking results.

I've got my BEFORE pictures ready to go! And measurements taken. Let's kick some butt!
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options

agree! i've found that BC is the most successful way for me to trim down not so much on the scale but in inches and in m y clothes. I love it. its intense, you definitely may not be able to keep up with every single movement but u need to balance between pushing yourself to new limits and keeping good form. in other words its better to not complete every single rep but keep a good form so u dont get injured. you'll love it!

i'm also adding this to my zumba routine which I do 2x a week.

It would be fun to check in with you since we're kinda doing the same thing :)

I will take measurements tonight if ur up for it and we can post weekly or biweekly :)
  • noKTdidnt
    Options
    I got through my first class! I can barely move my arms from doing 350 million push ups but at least I made it through and survived! :-D
  • nolachick
    Options
    yey! glad u made it! omg on monday all we did was drills and sprints and such and i thought to myself this is good cardio but what about working the rest of my muscles...holy crap i could not move yesterday....EVERYTHING HURT!
    from my back to my shoulders to my abs! loved it!

today was day 2 and it was a lot more circuits with weights for arms and pushups and such. pretty intense.
  • laineylynnfit
    laineylynnfit Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I start a boot camp on Monday afternoon! I am so nervous! I am 217 lbs and have been exercising off and on for the past year but afraid that I won't be able to do every thing. My exercise only includes treadmill, elliptical and weights -- no core exercises like push ups, planks, sit ups, etc. I know this will be good for me. I like what someone said below about it's not about keeping up with everyone else, that it is about pushing yourself further and keeping good form. I have to keep that in mind if/when I get discouraged! I am excited though!!!!!! I have 4 other co-workers that joined with me so I know it will be fun!

Also- they are measuring me and weighing me. I have plenty of before pictures after months of trying to lose weight and taking pictures but never got to an after picture.. LOL!
  • nolachick
    Options
    I start a boot camp on Monday afternoon! I am so nervous! I am 217 lbs and have been exercising off and on for the past year but afraid that I won't be able to do every thing. My exercise only includes treadmill, elliptical and weights -- no core exercises like push ups, planks, sit ups, etc. I know this will be good for me. I like what someone said below about it's not about keeping up with everyone else, that it is about pushing yourself further and keeping good form. I have to keep that in mind if/when I get discouraged! I am excited though!!!!!! I have 4 other co-workers that joined with me so I know it will be fun!

Also- they are measuring me and weighing me. I have plenty of before pictures after months of trying to lose weight and taking pictures but never got to an after picture.. LOL!

you will do just fine! do ur best and forget the rest! boot camp is the best workout because you are challenging yourself to limits you never even knew you could reach! you hate it while you're doing it but you'll love the feeling after you've completed it and you'll love the results! let us know how it goes
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    I'm nervous because I couldn't do half the exercises. Not because I was just lazy.. I do admit, it's more movement then I have ever done but I'm worried that my instructor will think it's just that I'm lazy. But I hurt so bad from even the little bit I could do... Go back tomorrow to finish week one (it's only 2 days a week.)

How are you guys doing with boot camp??
  • nolachick
    Options
    i missed yesterday (mine is MWF) because i didnt get enough sleep the night before (class starts at 5:30am yikes).

but i'm going tomorrow and hoping to hit it hard! woohoo!

dont worry after your first day you wont be able to move. haha. everything will hurt.
    try to do some walking and stretching before your next class and you will feel much better and ready for it :)

lmk how it goes
  • laineylynnfit
    Options
    Hey Y'all!

I just finished my FIRST 6 wk Boot Camp. It was surely intense. I am definitely a beginner! I am waiting for my measurement results. I think I only lost one lb but I'm hoping to see inches lost. I can feel a difference for sure!

The good news - I signed up for my second Boot Camp. It starts in 2 weeks! October 1st!!!

How are your BC's going?