Hit the reset button today...

Options
So I am in restart mode. Got out of the game three weeks ago after hurting my back while helping my gramma get moved into assisted living. (Dementia is a terrible thing, by the way. And we will be moving her again soon.) In the days prior to moving her, our family had to take shifts watching her because she decided to take a walk on the town at 1:30 in the morning. By the time my kids and I got home from our daily shifts, it is 7pm, and who the heck wants or has time to make dinner that late? So fast food became our family friend. Then vacation rolled around followed by a wacky work schedule. (I work nights and was stuck 1 on 1 off 2 on 1 off now 3 on. Yuck.)
I know, sounds like a bunch of lame excuses, but I am done with that. I am holding myself accountable, starting over. Here I go. Wish me luck!! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• doomspark
    doomspark Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Glad you're getting back on track! That's the important thing when Life throws us curves.

You *CAN* do this!
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Thank you. :)
  • MichaelJG84
    MichaelJG84 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Today, I press the reset button too. I'll send good vibes your way. :-)
  • 1jlazymom
    1jlazymom Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your gramma and hope having moved her will help you be bit less stressed. Congrats!!!! you are stepping in the right direction and I'm sure you will be successful
  • wildcata77
    wildcata77 Posts: 660
    Options
    Good Luck!

I gained back about 3 pounds over vacation, but I think I can drop it all this week b/c I suspect a lot of it is fluid retention from too much sodium and not enough water. Even so, I am also resetting today!

Also, I had a grandmother with dementia...it is truly hard to experience!
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Yep that's the way to do it. Keep on keepin on. You've got it right.
  • Restybaby2012
    Restybaby2012 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    ***WELCOME HOME***

We've been waiting and we're all glad you've come back.

Hold on tight..............you CAN do this......ALL of you.....

YOU
    CAN
    DO
    THIS!!
  • Evelyn2050
    Evelyn2050 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Good for you ... keep on keeping on! Before you know it you will be right back into the groove and moving forward again.
  • mommanurse33
    Options
    Today, I press the reset button too. I'll send good vibes your way. :-)

Thanks. You, too!!!
  • mommanurse33
    Options
    Thank you to everybody. This is what I love about this site!!! People are always here, cheering you on and encouraging the fallen to get back up again!!
    Blessings. :smile:
  • jerbear1962
    jerbear1962 Posts: 1,157 Member
    Options
    Good luck...falling off the wagon is easy and at least you came back...you can do it