Good exercises to do indoors?

Options
Hi all,

I live in Texas, where it is hot hot hot lately. Too hot to take a walk. And, although swimming is a great idea, I have a 10 month old that I have to keep an eye on. So, I'm looking for good exercises I can do indoors. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Replies

• brittanypeters1990
    brittanypeters1990 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    bodyrock.tv they have a bunch of things you can do
  • ehaden
    ehaden Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm in Canada and this summer has been particulary hot and humid. When it's too hot to go outside I do my Wii excersizes. I don't know if you have a console, but I love to use the Wii Active program. Works out all of my body in about 30-45 mins. :)
  • hauer01
    hauer01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    I am MN and we get HOT HOT HOT in the summer and FREEZING COLD in the winter. I bought a few of the Jillian Michaels DVD's to do in the house, 30 Day Shred, Ripped in 30, Shed and Shred. I can do these in my cool basement on these hot days and still get a pretty good workout.
  • meat_sack
    Options
    I've been getting a lot of PM's promoting Beach Body workouts...any thoughts on those? Sounds scammy. I've been considering Jillian Michaels DVDs, thanks for reminding me, @hauer01! Unfortunately I don't have a wii, but I do have an xbox360, so maybe I can get Kinnect and do some of those workouts. I'll be sure to check out bodyrock.tv, @brittanypeter! Thank you!
  • juliaamilee
    juliaamilee Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    insanity is fun and hard, I have some of the jillian micheals stuff as well it is good. check out your library they may have something also to borrow. Unless your small town like me and we have VHS still LOL . Netflix does streaming. Pushups jumping jacks, planks, hand weights.....
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    - Nike Training Club (free iPhone app with circuits)
    - Workout Trainer (free iPhone/Android app with circuits and more)
    - Netflix (jealous that you Americans get so many good fitness options on Netflix, Canadians get the shaft)
    - grab some fitness DVDs from the library (or Amazon)
    - do some of those silly circuits that are always circulating (heh) on Pinterest
  • heygirl1000
    heygirl1000 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    When I am not able to go to the gym what I do is:

25 squats
    15 pushups
    50 curl ups
    15 wood chops on either leg

and I do this 4 times.
  • lhld
    lhld Posts: 2
    Options
    kinect has a new playfit app - it's not ideal, and can only be used with specific games, but it's a great way to track your moves... adventures is fun but not tracked. sports. motion explosion.

netflix has videos that come & go - i was trying to find a pilates video i pre-screened the other day and POOF ALL GONE. shame on me, shame on netflix/starz...

i've been saving my running for after dark. friggin 90* and 80% humidity nonsense.
  • jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Turbo jam by beach body is really good. I also do total resculpt, which is a crunch fitness DVD.
  • meat_sack
    Options
    @lhld - It's supposed to be 102 all week where I am. The low is something stupid like 85 at night. When I first get up, it's reasonable, since my kid wakes me up at 5:30am most days, and it's 78ish. Reasonable enough, but who wants to go walking at 5:30am? NOT me.