O ver on my calories.....from salad

Options
It's not fair when even eating healthy will put me over my calories. I didn't make it to the gym this morning, so not having extra exercise calories sure takes a bite out of your day. I made this new salad I saw on Rachel Rae's show and it is sooooo good. It's basically romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes, some chunks of a crusty bread, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Its very very good, and I so want another one but it will put me over my calories. It seems like you should be able to eat an unlimited amount of healthy food.

Replies

• mandymunchies
    Options
    can you send me that recipie i sounds so good!
  • shanli
    shanli Posts: 19
    Options
    What if you make the salad with out the bread crumbs? Surely that would cut out a chunk of cals!
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    It's not fair when even eating healthy will put me over my calories. I didn't make it to the gym this morning, so not having extra exercise calories sure takes a bite out of your day. I made this new salad I saw on Rachel Rae's show and it is sooooo good. It's basically romaine lettuce, roma tomatoes, some chunks of a crusty bread, olive oil and a pinch of salt. Its very very good, and I so want another one but it will put me over my calories. It seems like you should be able to eat an unlimited amount of healthy food.

Isn't that the truth??! I have stir fried veggies and chicken/fish/shrimp, etc. almost every day, and I always want to add more veggies, but it would put me over on calories too. I'll be glad when I'm to a "maintenance" caloric level vs. a "deficit" level. After my lunch, I reach for the gum to keep my mouth chewing without the extra calories! Take care...:tongue:
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    can you send me that recipie i sounds so good!

For a single serving salad I just did about a cup of shredded romaine, one roma tomato chopped up, some crusty bread (i used about 46 grams of an Italian loaf from the bakery section, I think it might have even been day old) and a teaspoon of olive oil and a pinch of salt.
  • tearose
    tearose Posts: 94
    Options
    this sounds sooo yummy to a carb freak..eating a nice healthy salad with chunks of love..step away from the bread!:ohwell: lol