What's your reward?

Options
sr2000
sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
We all have health and fitness goals that we are trying to reach. Perhaps even some little goals that take us step by step to reaching that "ultimate goal" that we have set.
I think we've all learned that food should not be a reward. ( But sometimes still like to reward a great workout with extra treat...:blushing: )
So have any of you given or planned out a reward(s) for reaching goals? Something to help keep you motivated? Clothes, vacation, etc...
When I get down to 150 and can run 3.5 miles again, without stopping. I want to get another tattoo, I was at that weight when I got my last one, about 4 years ago. I have 20 more pounds to lose, and am at 2 miles.

Replies

• sr2000
    sr2000 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    We all have health and fitness goals that we are trying to reach. Perhaps even some little goals that take us step by step to reaching that "ultimate goal" that we have set.
    I think we've all learned that food should not be a reward. ( But sometimes still like to reward a great workout with extra treat...:blushing: )
    So have any of you given or planned out a reward(s) for reaching goals? Something to help keep you motivated? Clothes, vacation, etc...
    When I get down to 150 and can run 3.5 miles again, without stopping. I want to get another tattoo, I was at that weight when I got my last one, about 4 years ago. I have 20 more pounds to lose, and am at 2 miles.
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I wanna say tattoo and that was my original goal but for some reason I am leaning towards a belly button pierce, so I can have a nice toned tummy with a lil "bling" to accentuate it!!!
  • beep
    beep Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    My husband says a car, but I think that's because he doesn't really think I can lose all this weight :laugh: i'll show him!:drinker:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    New clothes, baby!!! :drinker:

Maybe even a dress that isn't cut "Mrs. Roper style". :laugh:
  • moidyn
    moidyn Posts: 112
    Options
    I do mini goals. In 5 lbs I get to get a massage. In 20 lbs, I'm taking a trip. Things like that...
  • uwhuskygirl
    uwhuskygirl Posts: 320
    Options
    getting into my skinny pants and being my HS weight again is good enough for me.

I'm back in my skinny pants, and just a few more to go for my HS weight :happy:
  • magicksnmakeup
    magicksnmakeup Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna have to say new tattoo as well! I want my next one to be on my hip! So i need to slim down before i let my tattoo guy see my belly. AND I guess fitting into a swimsuit will be another reward!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Clothes... comes to mind first.
    I mean after all as the waist line gets smaller you need them anyway RIGHT?
    But I do a different thing.
    I wrote down a bunch of things that I always wanted to do.
    Some BIGGIES
    some smaller.
    Biggies are like trips and things like that.
    Small things are like movies and things like that.
    Then I set goal areas.
    When I eat right for one week I get a new pair of shoes.
    If I can manage to work out every day for a week I get a new top. OR some form of work out gear.
    The first 10 pounds I dropped I bought myself a saphire necklace.
    When I get to goal I am going on a Sail Boat Cruise.
    My man has said that if I can stay at goal weight for a year that he will pay to have my teeth done. A thing I have wanted for years!
    --Diann...
  • Me_Im_2b
    Me_Im_2b Posts: 165
    Options
    I hang pants on the back of my bedroom door. Now, these are pants that are one to two sizes smaller than I am right now, then when I get into those pants, I send my old ones that are too big to charity and I buy new pants that are smaller and I hang them on my door! I guess, I use clothes as a visual motivation and then a reward once I get there.:happy:
  • briblue72
    briblue72 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I buy new clothes in 10-15 pound increments. My two huge goals so far were the 1/2 way mark (30 lbs) and I bought myself a new iPod and shoes, and now I'm working on losing 40 by June 10th. My dad is coming to town that day to help my husband and I move across the country and I CAN'T WAIT to see his face when he sees how much progress I've made. He hasn't seen me since Christmas. 40 lbs is 2/3 of the way to my goal, too. And it's just a nice round number to exlaim to the world!!

I haven't decided on a big reward for when I meet my ultimate goal - maybe I'm unsure of what my "ultimate" goal will be? For now, it's set at the top of the "healthy" range and right about where I was in high school, but I was never the thinnest in high school, so I might keep going just a few more lbs when I get there, who knows. I'm anticipating my original 60 lb goal to be reached around Thanksgiving or Christmas, so I'll be fighting the "holiday hefties" around that time....
  • denmother46
    denmother46 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I told myself I would do the "What Not To Wear" thing when I met my goal ( going out and spending a ton on new clothes). Well, I've done it!!:happy: And it was fun. Lost a total of 34 pounds and 5 inches off almost everywhere. Had to replace everything as nothing fit except shoes. But you have to buy new shoes when you buy new clothes, right? Got all new jeans, shorts, crop pants, tops ( even tanks!) ,underwear :blushing: jackets etc. Oh, and 3 new bathing suits. I am set for the summer.
  • ladywalkalot
    ladywalkalot Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    :wink: A BIKINI!!
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    A bikini..... a tiny one. Money is no object, no holds barred. LOL, the skimpiest, sexiest, tiniest bikini I can find will not leave my body for the entire time i'm on my honeymoon in hawaii...... Ok, it might leave my body a few times :blushing:
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    I'm buying a new wardrobe when I get down to my goal weight...
  • yellow_pepper
    yellow_pepper Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    Seven jeans - when I can fit in a size 27.
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    Aside from sushi, new clothes. I would love to buy a new pair of Lucky Jeans and True Religions. Love to wear skinny jeans with glossy pumps, sexy!!! :smooched:
  • sarakenna1
    sarakenna1 Posts: 261
    Options
    Ah, new jeans... Usually I reward myself with shoes (or MAC eyeshadow), but when I lose some more weight I'm going for the jeans. There is a store in Ptown that sells really pricey jeans, but they work with you to find the perfect style/brand for your body. I'm saving that experience for when I reach my goal weight. There are some super sweet, obnoxiously priced jeans in my future!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    When I hit 245 I got myself a HRM.
    My next big goal is 220, and when I hit there I'm getting a Nintendo Wii (I even started buying games for it!)

In between I've been buying myself books, hand weights, etc.
  • HannahRoo
    HannahRoo Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I reward myself by leaving the housework and stress behind and hiking to a waterfall or taking a pleasant trip to the park with my doggy. These things make me happy and I get extra exercise in too!
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Clothes definitely since I'll be needing them anyway once I lose all the weight. Most of my pants hang on me now. :laugh:

....and a Wii! It's fun and it'll help me to get some exercise while playing it. :heart: