Lost 75lb - baggy face!

Options
Hi, I have lost this weight since Jan 2012 and have noticed that my usually youthful (full) face is turning into a baggy face! Crinkles and bags are appearing under my eyes and my jowls are flapping!

If you have lost a lot of weight did you have experience this, does it get better?? Apart from this I feel great! :sad:

Replies

• scorpiotwinkles
    scorpiotwinkles Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Someone must have this "problem"!
  • FHOLMESVAN
    Options
    someone told me about a lady on you tube that does face yoga. these are exercises for the face and double chin. i have been doing this face yoga and i do not have a chin gobble (flapping double chin). look for the lady with blond hair on you tube.

hope this helps!!
  • dortress
    dortress Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yep. It's a natural byproduct of losing weight. And there's really no 'exercise' that's going to improve it. If it's really bothering you, a lower facelift is what you need to consider (as I am).
  • scorpiotwinkles
    Options
    Hmmm, thought that would be the answer lol. Thanks so much for your input everyone.
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,306 Member
    Options
    I think there are things you can do...but just like weightloss they'll take time. Go to a skincare clinic that has laser treatments as well as topical treatments ( serums, lotions.. like retin a, obaji) I take very good care of my skin and do these things..I've reversed a lot aging as I see it creeping on. It is amazing what you can do if you try.
  • JulieinMaine
    Options
    I've lost 95 pounds since November 2011 and my face is very saggy, so are my stomache, legs and under my arms. I've tried every cream, lotion and product that's out there, I think. I did do some face exercises too, but they didn't seem to help. After I loose about another 25-30 pounds, I am going to look into surgery, or maybe just live with it. At least I'm alot healthier and I feel so much better than I did before. That's the reason I lost the weight in the first place, so I'm trying not to get picky about appearences or vain. I think that we are much too critical of ourselves and others don't even notice alot of the small things that we see about ourselves. :bigsmile:
  • AshleyBananas
    Options
    Sorry to hear about your problem, it looks like some people are suggesting surgery. I kind of think of it like, when your clothes are too big....it's a good problem? Otherwise your clothes would be tight for the wrong reason! IDK just trying to put a positive spin on it!
  • wanitah1
    wanitah1 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You could also look into some of the fillers for the face, it can help give a little fullness back into your face.
    It would run less then a face lift, but not last as long though
    Just a thought :)
  • dnish53
    dnish53 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and have really been using the face lotions to keep things firm, plus face exercises. It seems to help. I noticed my sister 2 years ago had the problem you have when she lost a lot of weight, but over time it did start to disppear.
  • awmejia
    awmejia Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Try a firming cream at night, it has helped me.
  • destinedwi
    Options
    It's funny I was just talking about this subject to my husband. I am actually down 30 or so lbs since I started, I'm not noticing any bagging I'm actually noticing my skin is going in. Then I was looking at some people that got the lap band surgery and their skin is sagging or the people on extreme makeover. Basically people that lose weight rapidly. I have always heard that the faster you lose weight the less time your skin has to regain its elastic nature. I'm losing weight slowly not because I want to, but because I've had breathing issues and have been unable to excercise. My skin is actually much more elastic with the slower weight loss.
  • scorpiotwinkles
    Options
    I've lost 60 lbs and have really been using the face lotions to keep things firm, plus face exercises. It seems to help. I noticed my sister 2 years ago had the problem you have when she lost a lot of weight, but over time it did start to disppear.
    I have the same problem. Try a firming cream at night, it has helped me.

Thanks girls !