first 5k..although turned out to be 6k!!

Options
Did my first 5k today (in 10 years!!)!! Although when wwe mapped it found out we actually did 6k so even better! We celebrated by then doing a Zumba class....and survived!!! So pleased!!!! Feel like i am finally getting somewhere!

Replies

• rukcus
    rukcus Posts: 58
    Options
    Congratulations, I am doing the c25k and I am reaching 3.5k in my 30 min. I hope to get a 5 k under my belt !
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Thats great, you will get there really soon! I started doing C25K but found it a bit slow going for me! I am probably doing it all the wrong way now though!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I don't know that there's a "right" way to run as long as you aren't injuring yourself. Just get out there and do it and have fun!
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    For all those thats doing/done the C25K programme...Here`s the follow on for it...Totally free of course.. http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/running-podcast.aspx

Now i`ve manage 3 x 5k`s in the last 4 days...Think i`m gonna have to set the bar a little higher and go for a 8k run...How much harder can it be?
  • zannyzanzanzibar
    zannyzanzanzibar Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    That's awesome, congrats!! :)
  • bigmike7801
    bigmike7801 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Nice!

I am currently on week 7 day 2 of C25K and was able to do a 5K on week 6. SO far I've been able to got over 6 minutes off of my time.

It seemed like so much to do a little over a month or so ago but now it has me thinking 10K ;)
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    For all those thats doing/done the C25K programme...Here`s the follow on for it...Totally free of course.. http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/running-podcast.aspx

Now i`ve manage 3 x 5k`s in the last 4 days...Think i`m gonna have to set the bar a little higher and go for a 8k run...How much harder can it be?

congrats on building the mileage..that is fantastic work. if you keep building your mileage at this rate, skip 8k, and go for 10k :-)
  • jonski1968
    jonski1968 Posts: 4,498 Member
    Options
    Think i will....Soon as my legs recover...

And sorry for jumping on your post...:flowerforyou:
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    lol!! Jump away! And well done on your awesome achievement! Go for the 10k!! YOu can do it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!