Logging for MFP Late Night

Options
I need some help with logging food for MFP.

Basically, today I'm watching a program from 1am - 4am, and I will be having some snacks during it, that are unhealthyish.

I know it bad, although I did do a lot of work at the gym today, plus didn't eat a lot so if I do eat it I'm still within my calorie limits for today.

That's if I do log it in for today - although I will be awake and wouldn't have slept, do I log it in for tomorrow or today or does it really matter?

Also, today I did go over my protein allowance, is it that bad? If it helps I do a lot of resistance and I've just started free weights.

Thanks, as you can probably tell, I'm a complete newb.

Replies

• bitterbrownie
    Options
    it doesn't matter when you log it tbh, because calorie intake is more of an ongoing thing; your body does not have a reset time where it starts afresh, it is continually using energy so don't stress too much. log it where you think it will help you most.

i use times rather than meal names on my diary to help me with this e.g. 12-3pm 3-7pm etc

as for protein, no, it is good to have protein as long as it is in moderation with everything else. best thing to go over in my opinion :)
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i should log before sleep and after sleep, but i don't.
    i just log in the right time frame.

i just hate how ill be going to bed at 7 am and already have logged ALL my carb allowance for the day wake up and be like ewww i have nothing left for today :P heh
  • raph123
    raph123 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks, and yeah I might try doing that because usually the times I have lunch and dinner vary.

And I went 36g over for protein, although this was just today, won't be doing that everyday. Just went mad on cheese strings today+ the steak I had for dinner.
  • Valera0466
    Valera0466 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    As long as you are consistent it doesn't matter. I think most people just log Midnight to Midnight
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I log everything I eat in one wake cycle under the same day, regardless of the time of day; if I eat past midnight, I go back to the previous day and log it there.
  • raph123
    raph123 Posts: 12
    Options
    I log everything I eat in one wake cycle under the same day, regardless of the time of day; if I eat past midnight, I go back to the previous day and log it there.

Cool gonna do that, and I'd assume that most calories burned from doing nothing are when asleep?