To workout or not to workout?

Options
I am debating whether or not to go to the gym right now. I have been working out for the past week straight, whether it is yoga, zumba, jumping rope or running. I really want to go to this zumba class but I do feel a little drained, even though I know it will be fun. One of my co-workers also asked me to accompany her tuesday, wednesday and thursday as a guest at her own gym, which does not offer classes. My own gym offers a variety, which is why I signed up and is all that I attend at my own gym. I know my co-worker asked me because I am focused and push myself but I know I will not be targeting the areas to the extent that I would if I attended my own gym with instructors. What do I do?

Replies

• sarineb12
    Options
    hello there,

you can definitely take today off because you need a rest day.. take a nice walk instead :)
    you should go with your co worker as long as you both stay determined and do the actual exercise
  • fIuffy2fit
    fIuffy2fit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    goooooo
  • iceman7840
    iceman7840 Posts: 110
    Options
    Just go and enjoy yourself.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I'd go if you want to, that applies to both things. If you haven't had a day off in a while and u feel that it would be better to rest, then rest, If you really wanna go, then go. If you think you're not going to have as good a workout at your co workers gym then agree to the first day n see how it goes.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    If you haven't had a rest day in a week and you're feeling drained, rest. Rest is just as important as exercise.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    If you don't want to hit the gym go for a stroll! Any moving is better than no moving! :wink:
  • dewgirl321
    dewgirl321 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you want to go to Zumba since you won't be able to for a few days, during which you will probably be taking it a little easier due to working out with your friend in a new gym. I would say get your workout in today while you can, but EAT SOMETHING before you go. You haven't been eating back your exercise cals, and if you keep that up you'll wear yourself out. Grab a protein bar or shake and then Zumba like crazy! :happy:
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    Go work out and have fun. Will you regret the workout?
  • shierrarobin
    Options
    You don't have to work out every single day. Don't worry so much about one day. Take a break. You deserve it. :)