getting rid of belly fat so i can tone??

Options
hey mfp world,

i am looking to lose about 10 pounds or so. i'm not majorly unhappy with my figure except my lower stomach. have tried all the ab exercises in the world and i just can't seem to get through to muscle.
anyone have any top tips?

Thank you for posting back,

Replies

• kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce. You have to lose fat everywhere to reduce belly fat and often it's the last to go.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Just gotta keep lowering your body fat percentage! You can't choose which fat deposits to burn fat from, unfortunately.
  • emmadrama
    emmadrama Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    damn. oh well thanks guys.
  • jul8874
    jul8874 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Have you tried planks? I hate them and when I first started with the gym classes I could barely even do them. I kept thinking what does this do other than make you shake!!! It still makes me shake but with each class, each week, each month I'm getting stronger at them. I haven't done a lot of just ab exercises in any of the classes or videos I take - the instructors for my things seem to hit abs with the core type of exercises. Just the other day, I was looking in the mirror and was shocked to see that I could actually see some definition - still have a lot to go in my mind but it was great to see progress. I know it has to be from the planks because now that I'm stronger with them and know my form is right you can feel it everywhere but your abs are definitely getting a work out. So while I still hate them, I know they work. Perhaps if you were just doing crunches, trying planks would be a switch that may jump start your abs. I'm not an expert so I could be way off but just thought I would share. I know my one favorite instructor at the gym is always changing our routine to keep our body guessing so it has to work harder.