Increased exercise resulting in a missed...

Options
so im just a little worried that I could be pregnant,
I have been working out almost everyday for a month and only spotted this month for half a day
Its only been this one month that ive missed so far
but im wondering because i read alot of stuff on missing TOM being a bad thing as a result of exercise,

What are your thoughts on this?

Is it safe to say this is a good change?

sorry for the TMI

Replies

• bksieber
    Options
    Take a Preg. test. The only way to know! GOOD LUCK!
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Female athletes who miss their periods almost invariably have insanely low % of body fat (it's an evolutionary survival mechanism).
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you've been sexually active, you should take a pregnancy test. It's doubtful, although possible, of course, that just one month of increased exercise will cause your period to stop. Most women who experience that are underweight or have an insanely low body fat percentage.
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    took a preggo test and it showed a book, so i have to take another one -.-
    im gonna have to ask james to get me another test -.-
    I cant afford to be preggo right now ahhh
    guess that means i shouldnt have sex but geez thatt feels impossible!
  • sarahjuneblanke
    sarahjuneblanke Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    well apparently its rare because im not preggo =)
  • meowchii
    meowchii Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I have been exercising a lot lately... and my period is trying to come like 5 days early. I am on the pill so its kind of blocking that but I wonder if its b/c of my increased exercising and only taking in 1200 calories. I am sure exercising can have both affects on that kind of stuff.
  • Katy_V
    Katy_V Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    hey sarah - are you on the progesterone only pill by any chance? I had exactly the same after running my first marathon (and was not pregs either)! my doc (also a runner) said progesterone and increased exercise can disrupt the cycle...