Hello from Oregon

Options
Hi all! New here. Today I stepped on the scale for the first time in a long time and was surprised at the number I saw. ... Well maybe not so surprised considering I have noticed how tight my pants are getting. o.o Got on my phone and downloaded the app. Really hope it works. :)

Replies

• kgeldreich
    Options
    Welcome! I'm in Eugene and loving MFP.
  • jamers3111
    jamers3111 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me if you want a pal that likes to chit chat! haha Good luck with your journey!
  • tslean
    tslean Posts: 8
    Options
    Welcome! I hope MFP helps you! Ive been on here for just a few days and already it has me being mindful of how many calories I consume! Hoping to social network on here helps keep me motivated and I wish you luck! :)
  • Yes2HealthyAriel
    Yes2HealthyAriel Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am originally from Oregon. I grew up in Myrtle Creek, but I have lived in South Carolina for the last 3 years. I miss Oregon terribly and will never get used to the heat and high humidity here in the south. Feel free to add me.
  • 4theluvofme
    Options
    Welcome! I have family in Porteland area.:smile: This is an awesome site to help you see your eating habits, and calorie intake. Also has made me want to workout more. Best of luck! You'll do great! Add me if you like
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
    I was born and raised in Oregon...but moved to Colorado my senior year of high school (not by choice)
    Don't get on the scale more than once a week.....measure yourself.
    Seriously....the scale will drive you nuts!
    Anyways.........glad you're here!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am originally from Oregon. I grew up in Myrtle Creek, but I have lived in South Carolina for the last 3 years. I miss Oregon terribly and will never get used to the heat and high humidity here in the south. Feel free to add me.

I lived in Myrtle Creek for 3 years. I was in middle school (Coffenberry Junior High School) when I was there! Soooooo long ago!!
    Beautiful place to live!
  • schortey
    schortey Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hello MFP, My name is Angela and decided to make a new change in my life. Living in the South(Greensboro, NC)you get exposed to southern fried everything which has added to my thighs and butt. My goal is to live a optimum healthy lifestyle and decrease my wieght by 15 pounds and tone. I am also looking or some worlout ideas and simple recipes to keep me in my 1200 calorie goal. Need some motivated friends in the area too keeep my on track!!!
  • Guardien
    Guardien Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Luna. This works best when you are honest with yourself about what you eat and your exercise.
    I started out a year ago with 38's getting tight. Now I wear 32's. It takes hard work, honesty and dedication.
    YOU CAN DO IT!!!!
  • tanyaslosingit
    tanyaslosingit Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Hi! I've been living in Southern Oregon now for five years! I work in Ashland and have started to take advantage of the hiking trails in the area! :-)

Add me as friend if you like :-)
  • LunaSD
    LunaSD Posts: 18
    Options
    WOW! Thanx for the warm welcome, everyone. :) I'm not sure how to send a friend request yet but I'm happy to accept any I get. :)
  • starla5881
    starla5881 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Born in La Grande!
    I got started on MFP much the same way you did... 2 1/2 months later and I'm down 25 lbs and generally eating a thousand times better than before. Honestly, don't sweat the small stuff (like going over your calories by a bit), learn to listen to your body, and you'll be successful. :smile:
  • JAllen32
    JAllen32 Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Hi back! From Oregon! I'm in Eugene, welcome to MFP!!!!
  • kittyhasclaws
    kittyhasclaws Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Hi from a former Oregonian! :)
  • RainRedfield
    RainRedfield Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Greetings from Grants Pass! I hope you love it here!

I'm always happy to have more west coast MFP'rs on my friend list.

If you need help with anything, please let me know.

-Rain
  • housegirl2
    housegirl2 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm from Oregon too. And it does work! I prefer the app on my iphone to getting on my lap top and think its easier to journal using my phone.
  • SwimTheButterfly
    SwimTheButterfly Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Yes! It is an amazing tool! I am in Eugene. Welcome! I can't wait until you have your first NSV= None scale victory , There are many acronyms~ SMH=shakes my head. People talk about TOM(Time of Month) way too much. But there will always be someone here to tell you: WTG! (way to go!)

:flowerforyou:
  • JaredBergeron
    JaredBergeron Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Hi all, Lake Oswego here...welcome!