Gain some pounds

Options
Hi all,
I'm new with this website and it seems there are more people who want to lose weight than actually wanna gain some extra pounds.

About me, I'm a normal student, 24 years old, and my goal for the upcoming months is to gain some extra pounds. I'm healthy, I'd like to sport, but i'm a little bit underweight. My aim is to gain at least 5 kg (11 pounds) in the next few months. I'm feeling fine and have no healthy problems at all. I want to take enough time to achieve my goal, because is it pure for my own confidence and not an actual 'must'. Nevertheless I want to go for it and in the next few days I want to make some sort of realistic schedule for achieving that goal.

I was wondering, are there more people (with the same age) on this board who are having the same goal or problem, gain some extra pounds, or have already achieved that. That would be a great motivation;) Just curious.

Replies

• KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I'm in it to lose it, but I admire you for stating you want to gain. There are some people, MFP or real life, that I personally feel should gain weight instead of worrying about losing it. Good luck on gaining it. It will probably be as hard as us losing it.
  • angelraguel
    angelraguel Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    heya

i have a few mfp members on here as friends who are trying to gain weight, if youd like there details msg me and ill msg them to you =p
  • Augustgal12
    Augustgal12 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, currently on working on gaining weight :smile:
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    Welcome...you are out of the norm than most of us on here but your is just as challenging.

Remember if you want to gain weight, make sure it's healthy weight; eat more lean protein, healthy carbs (vegetables), legumes, avocado etc etc. Basically, you want to add caloric intake by eating good foods

Make milk shakes but healthy ones with milk, whey protein, frozen fruit or natural peanut butter.

there are tons of recipes online where you can find high caloric meals but are also nutritious.

good luck!
  • Donaldennis
    Options
    Well I'm not in my 20's anymore, (actually in my 40s) but yes I also have trouble gaining and retaining weight (Dx: Graves Disease, hyperthyroid) I'm at the lower end of healthy weight, looking to gain about 20 lbs.
  • Donaldennis
    Options
    ferziano, you forgot exercise, that is as vital as what you eat to gaining useful weight.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Goal is to gain! Keep losing!
  • BiggyFuzz
    BiggyFuzz Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    ferziano, you forgot exercise, that is as vital as what you eat to gaining useful weight.

You are absolutely right...exercise is also vital