Arm flab :(

Options
So I have horrible arm flab or as they are known "bat wing". last time I lost 150 lbs I worked the HELL out of my arms an got no results. Am I going to be thin with these horible arms forever??? :(

Replies

• dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    You can work your arms all you want.. but if you still have fat on top, it won't show.

Eat at a deficit, strength train your whole body(not just your arms) and do some cardio if you want, and wait.
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Total cardio is the way to improve overall appearance. If you don't like the way your arms look then try adding little hand weights to your arm positions. I started with 1lb then 3lbs then 5lbs. This bat isn't going to be flying anywhere lol. Also make sure you are doing more than one position. :wink:
  • meglynne1987
    meglynne1987 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Bump for later
  • youcandooeet
    youcandooeet Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I hate to be the one to say it, but you may have loose skin that will either take a while to tighten up, or just will never have that look you want. I think a lot of people that lose that much have to have skin removal sugeries on their abdomen, and sometimes arms and legs as well if they want that really toned look.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Sorry to say, it's probably loose skin. Exercise builds some muscle under it, which fills it out somewhat. But exercise doesn't affect the skin at all. Loose skin generally clings to a layer of fat underneath it, which can be why it feels/looks to you like flab.

The only real solution is a brachioplasty, but that's generally the least successful of the plastic surgeries for loose skin.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    :( I dont want my arms to look this way forever :(
  • sneakysneaker
    sneakysneaker Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is a question I have been wondering about too, I think the big thing with arms is that the triceps need to be toned to reduce the 'bat wings' that we women hate. Next week I am looking to start this arm workout I found posted on a site:

http://www.laineygossip.com/Lifestyle/Category/1243/Details/21639/Smutty-Fitness-Felicity-Huffman’s-arms