Hello!

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Cheryl and I am excited to find this website. I am tired of being tired. I want to change, and I need to change so I can be there for my children. The obesity lifestyle runs in my family, and I don't want that to be me. I want to show my children that as long as they make good food choices most of the time, and are active, they will be healthy. I know I have to lead by example.

We'll see how it goes!

Thank you for reading. :smile:

Replies

• sandhillsmom
    sandhillsmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Hi Cheryl! Cute baby! Your children will be so proud and healthy with your new healthy choices! Such a great role model!
  • Cherylwrite
    Cherylwrite Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thank you. He's now 2 years old, so this pic is obviously not the most recent. I don't often get to be in pictures as I am usually the one taking them. So when I do see myself in pics, I am horrified at what I see. :sad:

Other than being heavy, I do not have health problems, but I also know that at almost 37 years of age, this will not always be the case. I am going to take this one day at a time, and simply try to be better everyday.
  • beonehotnurseagain
    Options
    Hey Cheryl. I can relate a lot about the pictures, hence why my profile one is one of my children :( It is just easier to be the one taking the pic than trying to "hide" behind someone to be in it!!
  • inlove01
    Options
    Welcome.. Feel free to add me as well! :)
  • melclaws
    melclaws Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate with the picture thing ! LOL
    And videos are worse :)
    Congrats on the beginning of your journey....... I started about 3 weeks ago, myself. I know I have a LONG way to go, but am eager and willing to battle. I figure down is better than up ! Best of Luck !!
  • heatherdi88
    Options
    Hi Cheryl,
    It sounds like lots of people can relate to the picture thing. I feel have that same feeling when I see myself in pictures. I think in my mind I should look the same way I did 5 years ago and then I am shocked when I see myself. I recently took engagement pictures and had that disappointing experiences. Well good luck on your road to being healthy.
  • jbloomfj
    jbloomfj Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Welcome Cheryl. You will find your weight lose journey much easier with the support of your MFP friends. A simple WTG I find helps to motivate me to stay on track. Feel free to send me a friends request if you like.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Wwlcome and feel free to add me.