JULY GOAL CHALLENGE (May 12th - 18th)

Options
I thought I would post this today... hope you don't mind kistenbee. :wink:

Hello fellow JGC pals...

I think with us having 50 days left until July 1st we should sit back and reflect on why we want to get in shape and have a healthier life style... why we set this goal to begin with!

For me... I am a 31 yr old stay-at-home mom that use to be in great shape. Then I got comfortable and had a baby almost 2.5 years ago. I got tired of looking at myself and not knowing who it was looking back at me. I was also tired of being just plain tired. I never wanted to get up and do anything... and with a toddler around that is not acceptable (for me anyway)!!! My husband was deployed to Iraq in November and decided that, that was a great reason to get my butt in gear and lose the weight that I've wanted to do for so long. I am pretty proud of the success that I have and am ready to lose my last 20 lbs! I can't wait for my husband to see me... the old me! He will be home in in the begining of July for some R&R and I can't wait to see his face expression when he sees me for the first time! Not only that... I feel FABULOUS!!! I haven't felt this great in SOOOOOO long!!!

Well here are my stats:
Start of JGC: 182 lbs
Last week: 158.6 lbs
Today: 160.6 lbs (I am not one to blame it on PMS but I am going to today. LOL... I am not upset about the gain with everything that has been going on the last couple weeks. Thank you hheat for your prayers!)

Total loss for week: +2 lbs
Total loss for JGC: 23.4 lbs
Total loss for MFP: 29.4 lbs

I've been asked a lot how I've been able to lose my weight so easily. I do have weeks where there is a gain or barely a loss. I don't cheat (meaning I put everything in my diary (I do have cheat days))! I exercise 5 days a week... rarely taking two days off in a row but it does happen. And I am just more physically active with my son and every activity I do. I don't sit around and lounge on the sofa and watch tv anymore... it drives me crazy and I get too bouncy! :bigsmile:

Well... I hope everyone had a great week! I am interested in seeing what everyone else's goals are again for our July Challenge! Take care~ And Good Luck for next week! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• lovemuffins
    lovemuffins Posts: 91
    Options
    I thought I would post this today... hope you don't mind kistenbee. :wink:

Hello fellow JGC pals...

I think with us having 50 days left until July 1st we should sit back and reflect on why we want to get in shape and have a healthier life style... why we set this goal to begin with!

For me... I am a 31 yr old stay-at-home mom that use to be in great shape. Then I got comfortable and had a baby almost 2.5 years ago. I got tired of looking at myself and not knowing who it was looking back at me. I was also tired of being just plain tired. I never wanted to get up and do anything... and with a toddler around that is not acceptable (for me anyway)!!! My husband was deployed to Iraq in November and decided that, that was a great reason to get my butt in gear and lose the weight that I've wanted to do for so long. I am pretty proud of the success that I have and am ready to lose my last 20 lbs! I can't wait for my husband to see me... the old me! He will be home in in the begining of July for some R&R and I can't wait to see his face expression when he sees me for the first time! Not only that... I feel FABULOUS!!! I haven't felt this great in SOOOOOO long!!!

Well here are my stats:
    Start of JGC: 182 lbs
    Last week: 158.6 lbs
    Today: 160.6 lbs (I am not one to blame it on PMS but I am going to today. LOL... I am not upset about the gain with everything that has been going on the last couple weeks. Thank you hheat for your prayers!)

Total loss for week: +2 lbs
    Total loss for JGC: 23.4 lbs
    Total loss for MFP: 29.4 lbs

I've been asked a lot how I've been able to lose my weight so easily. I do have weeks where there is a gain or barely a loss. I don't cheat (meaning I put everything in my diary (I do have cheat days))! I exercise 5 days a week... rarely taking two days off in a row but it does happen. And I am just more physically active with my son and every activity I do. I don't sit around and lounge on the sofa and watch tv anymore... it drives me crazy and I get too bouncy! :bigsmile:

Well... I hope everyone had a great week! I am interested in seeing what everyone else's goals are again for our July Challenge! Take care~ And Good Luck for next week! :flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    You are doing great!!! I think I will have to start logging my food again. I have been really lazy about that. That seems to be a huge key to loosing weight. I am not weighing in for a while because I am a little down about my weight, but I will post my goals for July and my over all goal.

July goal- 145:flowerforyou:
    Final goal- 130:flowerforyou:
  • lizard9800
    lizard9800 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post Rookie, and the history behind your goal.

Today isn't the greatest day for posting as I also gained a few pounds over the last week, but it was a much needed reality check. I hit the "only 10 lbs left!" mark a few weeks ago and have been slacking off since then. I haven't been drinking enough water, exercising enough, and added a few too many snacks into the diet. Las Vegas probably didn't help either...!:tongue: But I am at that point where all the old clothes fit again (actually too big) and people are really starting to notice my efforts now that I don't have to wear bulky winter things anymore. So I became complacent and had to remind myself that the last 10 is the hardest and requires the most time and discipline. Bummer.
    I joined the gym yesterday to help tone up and I signed on with a personal trainer (who used to be on the US National Ski Team and won the US Freeskiing Series this winter). If that doesn't work than I am at a loss!

My stats:
    Start MFP (Nov 07) - 182.5
    Today - 150 :explode:

My story:
    I used to be in great shape. Grew up a tomboy playing baseball with the boys. Competed in track, volleyball, tennis. Surfed in college. Now I like to hike, backpack, snowboard, cross country ski, tennis and the occasional kayaking or mt biking. My boyfriend is in great shape and can eat whatever he wants. I was eating the same as him more or less and that did not bode well for my weight! The more weight I gained the less I wanted to do exercise because it was harder.. A viscious cycle that ended last October when I got high cholesterol results. My bf has been so incredibly supportive of MFP and we both can't wait for hiking season to begin this summer (unfortunately in June or July with all our snow this year:grumble: )

That's it! Keep up the good work everyone! :drinker:
  • Annabel_Lee13
    Options
    Hello! Well I began this journey after realizing that I weighed more than when I was pregnant. My daughter is 2 and 1/2 and I had the baby weight plus some still on me. This process has really changed my way of thinking. I have weeks where I can gain or stay the same, but I go on and try harder. I have lost 18 pounds since I started and went down from a size 17 to a 15. I bought size 13 pants yesterday and I know that soon I will be in them:smile:

Began MFP: 195
    Last week 178
    This week:178

Oh well, better than gaining. Next week will be better:ohwell:
  • cp005e
    cp005e Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    Hello JG challengers! Rookieswife, thanks for starting the post and telling your story. My 30th birthday is looming (less than a month away), and I realized that my weight was only going to get worse if I didn't start making changes. I've dieted in the past, but always gained it back. I've finally realized that it's not just a short-term solution or quick fix - I need to eat well and exercise for the rest of my life, period, so that I can be as happy and healthy as possible. I never was very athletic - I was one of those kids who wasn't good in gym class and just buried my nose in a book (or computer) instead. But it wasn't until after college that I really started gaining. Lizard - I also learned the hard way that I can NOT eat the same food and portions as my 6'5" boyfriend (now husband)! :laugh: So now I am eating more consciously, building the exercise habit, and trying to find activities that are fun for me. I am feeling so much better about myself, and I'm about halfway to my goal.

Start of MFP: 210
    Start of JGC (2/12 for me): 194.8
    Last weigh-in (5/6): 178
    Current weight: 176.6
    July Goal: 165

Loss this week: 1.4

I had previously pulled a number out of the air for my goal for my vacation on July 17th (155), but I've just revised it up to 165 because that seems more realistic (1.5 lbs/week).

I've been sick the past few days, so I haven't been exercising. I think I'll give myself one more day to recover, and then get back to it tomorrow. Good luck, everybody! :flowerforyou:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Aaaaarrrgggghhh!!! Sorry guys! I've been SWAMPED at work and didn't even get on until now! Thanks for starting the post Rookieswife! And again....SORRY! For me...I've been doing great but no loss. I hadn't weighed myself in a while and am guessing I probably gained but when I weighed in this morning, I see no loss. Here's the struggles I've been facing.

Started MFP (nov.07)--183
    New Years (jan.08)--174
    Spring break (mar.08)--162
    After spring break (april.08)--172
    This morning (5/13)--171.5

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

But I'm just going to stick with it! I think my body is still trying to get back to the routine!!!! I WILL GET THERE!!!!! Good luck to all of you this week!

*Kistinbee*
  • jessneill
    jessneill Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Aaaaarrrgggghhh!!! Sorry guys! I've been SWAMPED at work and didn't even get on until now! Thanks for starting the post Rookieswife! And again....SORRY! For me...I've been doing great but no loss. I hadn't weighed myself in a while and am guessing I probably gained but when I weighed in this morning, I see no loss. Here's the struggles I've been facing.

Started MFP (nov.07)--183
    New Years (jan.08)--174
    Spring break (mar.08)--162
    After spring break (april.08)--172
    This morning (5/13)--171.5

:explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode: :explode:

But I'm just going to stick with it! I think my body is still trying to get back to the routine!!!! I WILL GET THERE!!!!! Good luck to all of you this week!

*Kistinbee*

You hang in there Kistin! I'm in the same boat and wondering where all that single minded dedication went? I've really been slacking the last month. I'm working out but not consistently and defintely not watching what I eat as well as I should. Last time I checked my weight, which was a week ago, I was up to 215! :explode: When I was at 209! I try to remember to not beat myself up about and and I'm really working on getting back into my mindset I was at before.

I think part of my issue is that I really thrive on routine, and after 3 months of sticking to a pretty strick diet I started to change things up. It really just didn't work for me and adding too many choices into my diet just threw me off track. So, I'm going back to the tried and true and stick to that for at least 6 months.

Rookie, that is a great idea to revisit why we are doing this. I think it's so easy to focus on the weight loss or fitness goals themselves and not remember why we want those things changed in our lives.

I decided to start this because I felt uncomfortable in my skin. It was like wearing something that just irritated me all the time. I also want to lose weight so I won't have another back surgery and so that I can do all those physical things that I thought were impossible for me to do...

Good luck everyone. I know we can all do this!

Jessica
  • lovemuffins
    lovemuffins Posts: 91
    Options
    Lovin' the new stuff Mike added!!!

:flowerforyou:
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    29631.png