Couch to 5K?

Options
Hi everyone - I just found out about this website and wanted to start on it - helps you learn how to run and so on - would anyone care to join me with this?

Jen

Replies

• eellizzzabbeetthh
    Options
    I'm interested. what is the site address?
  • jennbissonnette
    Options
    Im interested as well!
  • 00Angela00
    00Angela00 Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    There's already a group going for this if you want to join: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/73999-new-c25k-for-the-new-year
  • missjacki
    Options
    Yes! I would love to do this. I checked out the other thread, but it is kind of crowded with lots and lots of posts to sift through and most of those people are about a week ahead of us. Should we start our own thread here?

The first day I could probably start would be Thursday evening after work, or Friday morning at the latest.
  • Jody67
    Jody67 Posts: 3
    Options
    I will join in if it is ok. I like the other started this last year and made it to week 3, but my problem was that I pushed too hard and just got burned out. I started again last week, so I am three days into it. Tomorrow will be the beginning of week 2.
  • Iceprincessk25
    Iceprincessk25 Posts: 1,888 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 1 yesterday and am going to start on week 2 tomorrow!
  • ERnurse
    ERnurse Posts: 77
    Options
    To the ladies who are just starting I am starting tonight - so if a few of us want to do it here in this thread I am good with that - I will let you know how it goes - I am also starting a similar thing that has you do push-ups also - I am sorry I forget the link for the push-up site - but it is learning push-ups or some search like that in google. :) yay to no couch for us!!!
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Just keep the other thread in mind for later. Not to discourage by any means, but people start dropping out of the C25K like flies after a few weeks (at best!) so we may want to think about combining the threads if that happens. Also, many people can't progress at the same pace as others and they have to repeat weeks to build stamina (I'm including myself in this big time - it took me 2.5 weeks to go from week 3 to week 4) so most likely in a few weeks you all won't be on the same week anyway. :wink:
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    You can download some great Mp3s that will run you through all 9 weeks of the running program. I prefer robert ulllrey's versions. Just google his name and you can download the mp3s for free.
  • ERnurse
    Options
    Wow - so that was super hard :| I used to be able to run - never really good at it but i could run a mile and a half in under 14 minutes - wow I was looking forward to the walking for 90 seconds big time!!!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    Just finished week 2 day 1. It' was a challenge but I made it through it!
  • ERnurse
    Options
    Good job iceprincess! - I increased my speed - and found I was better able to handle the jogging portion today - I think I am taking tomorrow and saturday off - then back on sunday to do the 3rd day - my legs hurt so bd LOL
  • pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Just finished week 2 day 1. It' was a challenge but I made it through it!

Do you do it on a treadmill or outside? I do it on a treadmill and week 2 day 1 - I found myself looking at the timer and could not WAIT!!! for those 90 seconds of jogging/running to be OVER!! LOL. I managed to do week 2 day 2 and then stopped...I have to start again.
  • missjacki
    Options
    Week 1: jog 60 seconds then walk 90 seconds. Repeat for 20 mins total (after 5 minute warm up walk)

I just did week 1 day one. On a treadmill. It didn't seem too hard, but I know that it purposely starts off slowly.

Now, the key is to stick with it!!!
  • missjacki
    Options
    Ugggh. Just did week 1 day 2. It still wasn't too hard, but it was A LOT harder than the very fist day. I'm guessing because of muscle fatigue and soreness.

I can see now that this will be harder than I thought.

But, I'm still excited to press on and challenge myself!
  • Iceprincessk25
    Options
    I need to do week 2 day 3 either tonight or tomorrow. My heel is starting to bug me so I hope I'm not getting Plantar Fasciitis. Ugh! It seems harder to work out now that I'm 30. ;) My body is starting to fall apart!
  • missjacki
    Options
    Hows everyone doing with their running? Still going strong?

I just finished week 1! WooHoo!
  • missjacki
    Options
    Anyone still on this thread?

I did week 2 day 2 thursday night. My knee is kinda bugging me so I'm going to take a little break until Sunday.