Period making it hard to exercise?

Options
I'm on my first day of my period and it's unusually heavy. Very painful back cramps making it hard for me to do my normal 35 - 40 minutes of hard cardio :(((

I exercised yesterday, I plan on exercising every following day of this week until next Sunday.....(Tues,Wed,Thurs,Fri and Saturday). I burned my daily goal, plus a couple extra and I didn't go over my calorie limit. In fact, i still have 5 calories left! This is my calories, COUNTING exercise (I already entered my exercise just to get an idea of how many calories to eat - I only entered 10 minutes of dancing...)

I walked for an hour, at just a normal, leisurely pace, did 15 minutes of strength training, and 10 minutes of hard dancing. Is it alright if I take it easy for the rest of today and just do my normal exercise the rest of the week? :((

I also did an hour of house work earlier. Sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming. Moving lots of chairs, storage containers, etc..

Replies

• Kenhabes
    Kenhabes Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Of course it's all right, but you shouldn't need our approval. Do what you need to do for you, especially if you're in pain with Aunt Flo, yo.
  • ashesannes
    Options
    Of course it's all right, but you shouldn't need our approval. Do what you need to do for you, especially if you're in pain with Aunt Flo, yo.

:laugh: Perfect!
  • I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    You did so good!!!

Usually when its my first real day....I am in the fetal position praying for death and sleeping probably 16 hours or so. I can work...only if I have my pain meds but when I get home I am dead. I literally hardly eat anything at all and collapse on the bed and fall asleep within minutes.

After the 2nd day its not bad at all for me, but I do pretty much nothing the first day or so I do not have to.

Taking a break is not a bad thing, hon... you did really well !!!
  • suztheq
    suztheq Posts: 171
    Options
    Holy moly! You did more today than I would do the whole week during my TOM. I used to get cramps that hurt so bad I would pass out. I was also anemic, so that ought to tell you how heavy they were. I think you'll be just fine "taking it easy" the rest of the day.
  • Girowinters
    Options
    Blimey - I abandon all efforts to do anything other than grumbling and drinking buckets of tea for days beforehand. The fact you've got out of bed at all is commendable! Award yourself a medal and lie down until it's all over.