Eating past 6 pm?

Options
I know most people advise you not to eat past 6 pm, but say I go to bed at midnight, is eating past 6 pm bad?
I got up late today, around 10. Had breakfast then. Had lunch around 2, and it's almost 6 so I'll be having dinner....I'll be going to be around midnight. Is this ok? >_>

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Provided you are not overeating FOR THE DAY, it doesn't matter.

You could eat all your food right before bed if you want and you'd be just fine as far as fat loss is concerned.
  • Amazon_Who
    Amazon_Who Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options

You could eat all your food right before bed if you want and you'd be just fine as far as fat loss is concerned.
    ^This. He knows his stuff.
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options

^This. Evening calories are almost as delicious as exercise calories. Yummm!
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Like Sidesteal said, don't worry about when to eat as long as it doesn't disrupt your sleep.

On a general note...

Breakfast at 10, lunch at 2 pm meaning you leave 4 hours between food intake, then you have dinner at 6, again 4 hours. Then you go to bed around midnight which leaves 6 hours inbetween.

Most people try to have a light dinner because it's supposed to help them with the weight loss and most do follow a similar routine like yours.

Hmm... then we have the late night snacking threads every day. Hmm... I see unicorns and a pattern.