Inches & Not Pounds

Options
Hey ya'll!
I have been getting myself into a healthier lifestyle now for about 2 months. I have lost 4-6 lbs and about 16 inches. I'm loving my inches lost, a little disappointed on not dropping more lbs but still happy. Now with that being said, is there a point were you slow in the inches & pick up in the pounds area? I'm starting to slow in the inches now & would like to be getting smaller in some way.

Thank you all for the input in advance!

Replies

• lovezies
    lovezies Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there?........
  • autiebabyx
    autiebabyx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was doing weekly measuring and noticed that my inches were always more than my pounds. The only thing I could figure out was that maybe my fat is turning into muscle and muscle weighs more. Hopefully we both can start losing weight soon!!
  • lovezies
    Options
    I was doing weekly measuring and noticed that my inches were always more than my pounds. The only thing I could figure out was that maybe my fat is turning into muscle and muscle weighs more. Hopefully we both can start losing weight soon!!

Amen to that! Lol
  • kaervaak
    kaervaak Posts: 274 Member
    Options

This really doesn't happen unless you're doing heavy resistance training and then it will only account for a few pounds over months of training (referred to as newbie gains by lifting folks). Much more likely is that you're retaining more water in your muscles as they get used more. This will level off after a few weeks (2-4 usually) and after that you'll start seeing a more normal decrease in your weight along with your measurements.

My guess as to what happened is that during your first month of exercising you lost hardly any weight as your body held on to more water as it concurrently shed fat. Now that your muscles have adjusted to a heavier exercise regimen, your weight decreased much more rapidly during the second month of your lifestyle change. Is that what you observed?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Letting us see your diary might get you more specific advice. Otherwise more details like how much you're eating and how much you work out might help.
  • lovezies
    Options
    Ok, I opened my diary. I know I haven't been eating enough but have been slowly getting more into me.