A BROKEN RECORD?

Options
Just wondering how many people besides me eat alot of the same foods every day?

Replies

• happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I eat close to the same thing each and every day.

I'm lucky enough to have found stuff to eat that I like, that's good for me and that seems to work for me weight wise. If I'm not feeling deprived and I like it..who cares if it's repetitive?

My hubby tho..is the opposite. He can't eat the same for more than 2 meals or he goes nuts.

It's all about preferences
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    i eat cream cheese pancakes everyday

i've also been eating celery and cream cheese or pb a lot.
    salad everyday. cheese and pepperoni.

i'm much more of a snacker than a meal eater so i pick a lot/
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Copy From Yesterday is my favorite tool.
  • AmyBecky74
    AmyBecky74 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I am an extremly picky eater. I must eat pancakes 27 days out of a month, I often eat like a kid (it's so embarassing) but the wieght is coming off so I guess it's not to bad (just boring)
  • ChristyU74
    ChristyU74 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Absolutely. I have the same breakfast almost every day, and just a few things that I rotate for lunch. (All my lunches are based around romaine, red peppers and carrots. Usually a salad or a wrap and sometimes I add chicken or eggs. Greek yogurt and berries.) Dinner is usually the only thing that changes since I cook for my whole family. Repetitive, but I haven't gotten too bored with it yet and I know what to expect with calories. Weekends are often a little break from the routine as well.
  • xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Me! I am getting bored of the same things though.
  • BrieLP
    BrieLP Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I tend to eat the same things but prepared differently, I get bored easily though
  • johnsnana
    Options
    I love the "copy yesterday's foods" too! Yeah, I also think part of it comes from being told what I could eat & not eat when I was a kid. Now I eat dinner for breakfast & breakfast as a snack :o) I agree, if it is working, why fix it. I have also found that some low carb foods, while great for a low carb diet, do not agree with me or make me hold my weight rather than lose it. I had to give up regular use of coconut & almond milk & boca burgers for that reason.
  • kazey901
    kazey901 Posts: 33
    Options
    I usually eat the same breakfast and lunch but switch up dinner.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options

At first glance, I thought that said, "Copy From Yesterday is my favorite FOOD."

I usually have the same thing for breakfast for weeks on end (asiago bagel from the grocery store), and have a handful of regular meals on rotation.

That's one thing I do like about Lean Cuisines, Healthy Choice, Smart Ones type meals. It's a good way to get variety without having to think about it or buy extra ingredients. Not great nutrition or anything, but good variety. Then if I really like the taste of something, I'll figure out how to cook it for real.
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Subway loves me for lunch.
    Every Monday is taco night.
    I still eat a lot of same food just less.
    Oh and yes chicken breast anyway I can think of...
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    I eat PB sandwish 5 times a week and have for almost 2 years. I like simple.
  • MissNations
    MissNations Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    My breakfast is almost always the same (with minor variations) and I have several lunches I usually turn to. Dinner is always different though.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 or 3 snacks a day.
    Greek Yogurt at 10 am.....different flavors, but same brand every day. I never get tired of it.
    A protein bar at 2:30 pm.....

Breakfast: usually one of 3 or 4 meals
    Lunch and diiner provide the variety in my diet.
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    I have my staple foods for sure, I like to change it up a bit but you know I like to keep it simple by sticking with the stuff I know.

usually cereal for breakfast (I have 3-4 to choose from) with coffee

salad for lunch with a sandwich is quite common (but I change from reuban to smoked product or blt etc)

dinner is where I have my most variety.

snacks are always fruit, carrot sticks, protein bars (multiple flavors)
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Definitely! Breakfast & Lunch are the same pretty much every day.
    I try to change supper up a bit to keep my kid interested but still generally make the same 3 or 4 meals. Sometimes I'll cook a big batch of something and eat it for a few days (but then I make something else for my son)
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    This! I work 3 12 hour shifts. I buy enough food to last those 3 days. So I eat the same thing every meal without variance. It keeps my tummy happy. When at home I go for the easiest and that leads to repetitive meals.
  • johnsnana
    Options
    Good to see I'm not the only one here. I thought my obsessive/compulsive personality was what made me eat like this :o)
  • Elen_Sia
    Elen_Sia Posts: 638 Member
    Options

And mine. /thumbs up