40lbs/18kg down in 3 months! Progress Pics!

Options
This is my first post ever here, so please bear with me if it doesn't work properly! I love seeing the success story pics, so I thought I'd post my own!

At the end of April I decided to get serious about losing weight. I had never been really unhappy with the way I looked, but thought it couldn't hurt to try something new. I had been working on my fitness for months prior, but had not been serious about my diet, which meant I had seen limited results. A friend had been using MFP and told me to use it and the rest is history.

I would say my highest weight would have been between 85-90kg (187-198lbs) in September of 2011. At the time I was super stressed about university, money and my relationship. I was doing a full course load at university, working over 30hrs a week and generally not looking after myself. I lost some weight over summer, so was smaller in April when I started on MFP.

Here are some before pics from September 2011 (in India):
IMG_0732.jpg
IMG_0105.jpg

From April I started upping my running by 10% timewise every week, starting from 30mins. I used an iPhone app to track my runs and calorie burn. I was netting 1200, mostly eating back my exercise calories, depending on how I was feeling. I would run almost every day, 5-6 days a week. I love to run.

By mid-June I had lost about 11kg/25lbs. Here are some progress pics from then (on the island of Crete in Greece):
IMG_0149.jpg
IMG_0229.jpg

Pics from last week minus 18kg/40lbs- Please forgive the selfies:
photo-1.png
photo1.jpg

I have been plateuing somewhat for a while. I am not worrying about this. I am just going to let my body have a bit of a rest. I have started to change up my workout routine. I have started the New Rules of Lifting for Women, upped my cals, changed the focus of my macros. I am now lifting and doing interval training. I also play netball twice a week, usually climb the mountain behind my house once a week and enjoy lots of walks around the lake in the Australian winter sun. I love being outside and being active. My most recent NSV was finding out my resting heart rate puts me in the athlete category for my age and sex! I would like to lose another 5kg/11lbs to get down to my goal weight, but I'm going to do it slowly and try and put on some muscle mass in the meantime.

Also, I'm always looking for new friends, so please feel free to add me!

Replies

• jovanna721
    Options
    good job :) you look great
  • TrinaHillier
    TrinaHillier Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    You are truly an inspiration. You look amazing. Keep up the fantastic work!!!
  • Tishy78
    Tishy78 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Gorgeous before and after! Congrats on your success. You are doing great!
  • sharoncasey60
    sharoncasey60 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I am very very impressed! What a transformation and it sounds like you are doing everything right. Congratulations.
  • ChristieDF
    ChristieDF Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the good work.
  • MissyAZjourney
    MissyAZjourney Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    you look amazing! I'm so jealous of all the wonderful places you have gone!
  • colleen1962
    colleen1962 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you look Great!!!! Thank you for sharing your success with us!! I am working hard but I think age has slowed my metabolism down alot! I still have about 20 lbs to lose, but you help inspire me.
  • bonogul
    bonogul Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    well done :)
  • JodieChampoux
    JodieChampoux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Good story, good pictures. I hope you are proud of what you accomplished! You look wonderful and very healthy.
  • Debby0904
    Debby0904 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You have much to be proud of!
  • Haylz_ish
    Options
    You look amazing!! Great work
  • Patycolo5
    Options
    You look really good congrats
  • girlienerd
    girlienerd Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You look great! Awesome progress, very inspiring
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    You look fantastic! :)
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    WONDERFUL JOB!! You look great and congrats on the weight loss!
  • vinnieti
    vinnieti Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    nice job, very encouraging!
  • nesi0606
    nesi0606 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    three words.......AH - MA - ZING!!!! Great job!! Congratulations on all of your success!
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!! Inspiring!!
  • NancyG55
    NancyG55 Posts: 86
    Options
    You are looking great, and are doing such a great job too! Congrats on your healthy lifestyle!
  • asitshouldbe
    Options
    I love the relaxed attitude and lack of perfectionism! The positivity and self acceptance are wonderful! Pics show the proof!!!! You will be at your goal VERY soon! I wish I had those surroundings to walk in everyday! Just beautiful and the traveling! Wow! :love:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!