Hi! 5'3, CW 160 (HW 169), GW 130, need some friends!

Options
About me:

I was always a slender girl in my teens and early twenties. In my late twenties I put on a few pounds a year, but still was in the normal range for BMI. Then, I turned 30 in February 2012 and my job suddenly became very stressful. I started eating all the time and drinking too much wine. I gained about 25 pounds in 4 months! I stepped on the scale one morning in June 2012, and the number there SHOCKED me. I realized my overeating and overindulging had caused me to become -- not just "overweight" -- but actually on the verge of "Obese" per my BMI! I was horrified. I made a pledge to get back on the calorie counting track, with daily exercise (even if it's just logging that I went up the stairs at work instead of elevator!), eating more healthy, and faithfully logging every single thing I put in my mouth. The last time I lost weight was in 2007, and I only was able to lose by tracking calories, so I knew I had to get back to that routine. I'm on my way back to the skinny girl that's in there, underneath all this pudge!

----Note! My profile picture is from my wedding in April 2011. The stain on my hands is Henna, a form of wedding Mehndi, as I married an asian man! It wears off in about three weeks. --Not a permanent tattoo--. See the wiki site for more info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mehndi

Why I Want To Get In Shape
To fit into half my clothes that don't fit anymore!
To feel healthier and be able to run up a few flights of steps without getting winded
To enjoy looking at myself in pictures!

My Inspirations
Myself! I have done it before, I can do it again!

Friend me!! I need inspiration!!

Replies

• cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 22 5'2, CW 140 GW: 125-130
  • nursenikki829
    nursenikki829 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. I am 5'2" SW 195 CW 135 GW 130. Welcome to MFP!
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    Good luck with your goals,....I'm in a similar boat. Stressful situations, too much wine and eating out too often all affected my weight and energy levels. I have 30 to 35 pounds to lose,......5ft 2 inches so I'm hoping to be about 125 to 130
  • argenterie
    argenterie Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! I've added you! Anyone else just add me and I'll accept! :)
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Good luck! I'm also 5'3. I'm at 122 pounds right now and want to get down to at least 115. 110 would be awesome!

Feel free to add me!
  • ptak1sm
    ptak1sm Posts: 172
    Options
    Feel free to add me! 5'1", SW approx 160 (didn't weigh myself), CW 140, GW 125ish (or whenever I look at my body and say "cool")
  • isingthebodyelectric
    Options
    Wow! Totally relate to your post! I'm 5'2 CW160, HW161,GW130 over here too! :) I have also had a similiar path of being very thin during my teens and then packing on the pounds later in my 20's (26 now). It'd be great to have someone to talk to that understands where I've been and (hopefully) where we're going! :)
  • kamanda85
    kamanda85 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request! I'm 5'4" HW: 179.6 CW: 163.6 and my goal is between 120-135 (not quite sure).
  • argenterie
    Options
    I added you all! It's going to be a lot easier with friends to go together!
  • AmandaNBarry
    Options
    Hi everyone! Im 5'2 and my SW in 2011 was 160 I lost 25 pounds then found out I was expecting. Now baby is four months and I'm right back to where I started @ 160. My first GW is 140 and ideal GW is 125. looking for friends feel free to add me!
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i'm 5'4 and currently 140 pounds, trying to get to about 120 :) feel free to add me
  • Henrose
    Henrose Posts: 1
    Options
    I'm new here, too. I joined in March or something, but I just filled out my profile and measurements today. I'm 5'2", about 140 and my goal weight is 120. I have no idea how the whole friends thing works yet, but I'd love to have some, too. I'm going to start tracking my food tomorrow. Nice to meet you all!
  • argenterie
    Options
    Added you all! Can't wait for more friend support!
  • easternNCchick
    easternNCchick Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add

Height: 4ft11in
    HW 179.2-July 27th
    CW: 171.1
    GW: 120
  • niffermarie03
    Options
    I could use some friends! I'm Jenn, I'm 27, 5'3.5" CW 166, GW 125.
  • babyxblue101
    Options
    Feel free to add

Height 5'3
    Hw: 171.2
    Sw: 167.2
    Cw: 135
    Gw: 125
  • argenterie
    Options
    Added!! :)