Another not so new newbie. Looking for more friends :)

Options
Hi :) My name's Svetlana. I'm 5'9, 222lb, 30yr old with a goal of losing 50lb (to begin with.... ). I've been dabbling in MFP for a while but last week was my first ever completely documented week of calories and exercise. It feels good to start this new journey on a positive note!

I also friended a few people last week and was surprised at how motivating their posts were. I felt a lovely sense of camaraderie and since all of them have lost substantially more than me, a sense of admiration too.

I'd like more friends!! I don't have a preference of where you are, who you are or where you are from... i just would like the support and to be supportive back :)

Thanking you in advance :D

Replies

• lwhite0889
    lwhite0889 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey Svetlana! I'm Laura, and I too have been dabbling with MFP for a while without really committing. I'm 22, 5'6" and at my highest weight ever at 170. :/ I'm really ready to buckle down and have set my first goal at losing 35 pounds. It sounds daunting, but I'm sure I can do it if I stick with it!

I'm adding you so hopefully we can encourage each other to reach our goals! :)
  • Angelque
    Options
    Hi Im Angelque, I have been using MFP for over a year. Back in 2009 I weighed almost 260Lbs..I got my self down to 183 last summer and this last year has been hard to maintain. I gained 20 back but since Aug 1st I have really been hitting the gym hard including getting a personal trainer this time. I have a goal of 8lbs and 3% body fat right now......it's hard but it is just a lifesyle change that means 100% commitment all the time. Good Luck
  • MistChances
    MistChances Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm not terribly successful (yet) but you remind me of my daughter! She is doing great - she inspires me so I am sure you will too. Glad to be friends.
  • MistChances
    Options
    Good for you for sticking with it! Congrats on getting back on track!
  • laurie571
    laurie571 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    hi im laurie, you can add me if you would like
  • zookeepersuzy
    Options
    @lwhite - love your avatar! :)

@ anyone else - add me too if you want. I started around 205 last year (had been up to 215 before mfp). I lost about 35 in a year, but I also stopped counting calories for the last 4 months (and went back up about 10lb) due to training for a half marathon & being away from home this summer. I'm trying to get back into things & make it to -50lbs total by next January. Just started crossfit tonight. (so don't friend me if you're anti CF) :)
  • MistChances
    Options
    i like your cat photo - reminds me of my dear (gone) Boo. I think you will do great - wow a half-marathon, that's fantastic!
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    I've been here since January! You all can add me if you'd like!
  • laurahelene
    Options
    Hi ,

I just started using this site so I am really a newbie here. No friends at all. I have 30 pounds to go. I have been getting frustrated because I can not seem to lose this weight. I just wanted to lose a pound a week and still none that I lost. I have lost 5 inches on a good note. please let me know if you would like to be friends. thank you.
  • mmancini73
    Options
    Hi, I'm Megan...I'm new too (just started in June)...feel free to add me! :)
  • OBXbound4me
    OBXbound4me Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Friend me up! I am down 14 lb in weeks and love this site.
  • laurahelene
    Options
    how do you add as friends, Newbie here. thanks
  • Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • whitneyas
    whitneyas Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I haven't been super successful (yet!) and feel the same way you do... feel free to add me too!
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    Hey everyone. I have been on MFP since April and absolutely love it. I love being a motivator and look forward to hearing from my MFP friends. I am on here every day. If anyone on here wants to add me, please feel free. The more the merrier :drinker:
  • newpat2013
    Options
    First time on the site. A friend told me about it and how helpful the tools are about counting calories, etc.
  • desilu69
    desilu69 Posts: 79
    Options
    how do you add as friends, Newbie here. thanks
    actually if you see someones name here you can just click on their name and it will give you a box to add as a friend or you can go up to find members and that will walk you through it
  • rhondalynn03
    Options
    hey just add this so i am way new and dont have any friends on hear i would like to know how good this can work