Kickboxing, Zumba and XBox --need help!

Options
I have a few questions of Video exercise enthusiasts, since the cold ND winter is not far off:

1) I would like to learn kickboxing, can you recommend a good DVD? Same goes for Zumba, preferably something my teenage daughter would appreciate too!

2) We have an XBox 360, Kinnect and Wireless Internet -- what can I do with that for workouts? I have the dance central and other Kinnect games that really give me a workout - but prefer more of a "real person" workout. (like the above). Do I have to have netflix? Or is there something else I can do (think cheap!). A bit technically challenged when it comes to the XBox!

Thanks!

Replies

• maremare312
    maremare312 Posts: 1,143 Member
    Options
    Do you have Comcast cable with Comcast On Demand? I think there might be some workout stuff on there. Personally I really do love Netflix, and it is pretty cheap if you just get the streaming/
  • flslp87
    flslp87 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I love the TurboFire DVD's by Chalene Johnson (can get them via beachbody) . They are a combination of kickboxing and dance and aerobics....fun fun.....if you are just starting to exercise you might start w/ the TurboJam.....

The Tae Bo dvd's are good too but not as fun as TF...

Zumba - If you can hang w/ the above will be very boring...

Good luck....brr.....come visit Sunny South Florida come winter time: )
  • GetSkinny97
    Options
    Jillian Michaels Kickbox Fastfix DVD. I love it. There's 3 different workouts for arms, legs, and abs. Each 20 mins long. I burn around 260-300 for each one. I highly recommend it!
  • LoveMyLife_NYC
    LoveMyLife_NYC Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I have Kathy Smith's Cardio Knockout, which is really good for learning to kick box. Jillian Michaels has a kick boxing DVD out too, and I believe she has a martial arts background.
  • NeverGoingToQuit
    NeverGoingToQuit Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Youtube has a ton of Zumba videos that I enjoy. I created my own favorites list and do them regularly in the living room. I actually just got down doing them! I recommend looking on there. They are free and fun!
  • randomEntry
    Options
    On the XBOX side, I recommend "Your Shape Fitness Evolved 2012" which is great because on top of having a lot of great content, it also has a ton of downloadable stuff as well. Also, be sure to check out "Kinect Playfit" which is an app on the XBOX that tracks your calorie burning across other non-fitness titles like Dance Central 2.
  • ndblades
    ndblades Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone - exactly what I was looking for!