Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Drs. Scale

So I usually weigh myself first thing in the morning. I had a drs. appt this afternoon. To my surprised when I was weighed at the office I was 7 lbs heavier?!, granted that I had lunch earlier and drank plenty of fluids throughout the day at work...is this something that I should be concern about? Any input is greatly appreciated:flowerforyou:

Replies

• fatgirlslimlady
    fatgirlslimlady Posts: 30 Member
    Nah, don't worry about it! A liter of water is 2 lbs, food adds up quickly, etc., so your body weight can fluctuate by several pounds throughout the day. Add in a bit of inter-scale variability, and 7lbs is nothing to worry about. Unless you went on some ridiculous, multi-pizza eating bender between your morning weigh-in and your appointment (jk, jk!), you're fine. :)
  • gramacanada
    gramacanada Posts: 557 Member
    Every scale is different. Believe the scale you usually weigh on. Most people weigh first thing in the morning naked and after a pee. This weighs you. Even if your scale is somewhat off. It will show you actual losses or gains.
  • neonflowers
    neonflowers Posts: 20 Member
    My doctor's scale always adds 10lbs for whatever reason. Even my mom and stepfather notices that. (we all go to the same doctor's office)
  • vsetter
    vsetter Posts: 558 Member
    The doctor's office is ALWAYS higher, and even higher yet if it is a mid-day appointment. Those meals and liquids add up! Plus, you are fully dressed. HA --- that is why I always make sure to remove my shoes when they weigh me. Every little bit. hehe.