Flabby area above waist and hips

Options
I've been eating healthy, exercising using a mix of cardio and strength training. I have noticed incredible results in just 3 days but now on the 4th day, it looks like my lower ab area is flattening but I have a pooch above my belly button. I've been doing the 30 Day Shred DVD by Jillian Michaels which has both lower and upper ab exercises so I'm not sure why my belly looks this way.

Any thoughts? I am 182 lbs - never weighed this much before so I'm not sure if this bigger upper area is just the way my body is burning off fat or if I gained weight or water retention?

Help

Replies

• debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Just keep working and doing what you're doing. It should come off with weight loss, especially if you're strength training. I would recommend upping your water intake (can't view your diary so I don't know what you're eating/drinking). I drink at least a gallon a day, and it helps to reduce bloating A LOT. May help, may not, but it's worth trying :) Water will also help your muscles recover faster from your weight training sessions. Good luck!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Just keep working and doing what you're doing. It should come off with weight loss, especially if you're strength training. I would recommend upping your water intake (can't view your diary so I don't know what you're eating/drinking). I drink at least a gallon a day, and it helps to reduce bloating A LOT. May help, may not, but it's worth trying :) Water will also help your muscles recover faster from your weight training sessions. Good luck!

Thanks so much!

I take it that this is normal??
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    me too.... for some reason I feel like it got easier to grab.. :( I finished 30 DS and I'm ok with my belly cause it DEFINITELY got smaller but I want a flatttt stomach. Will do more cardio with insanity.
    I think cardio and no sweets is the only way :(
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    i just read it might also be loose skin waiting to adjust to your now slimmer body! :D
  • rusialeelee
    Options
    OMG I FOUND IT!! :D

"I've read that squishy fat is acumulated just under the skin and hard fat is intermuscular (in the muscle). Hard fat is believed to raise your risk of heart disease."

So we've been burning out our visceral (organ) fat and now that it's gone our subcutaneous fat is the squishy fat that it left!! :)
    So now do what you did ONCE more and you can lose all of it! :D

YAY!
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    I probably have tons of that! Can't wait to get rid of it! I'm glad its something common cause I was kinda wondering why the lower abs area is smaller than the upper ones
  • dixiewhiskey
    Options
    bump
  • lesliezhang
    Options
    I have a tiny pinch of fat in between my ribs and above my belly button too, despite my lower abs being flat! I'm 95lbs and it doesn't seem to be going away, so it might just be how my body stores fat due to genetics (mom, grandmothers both apple-shaped). Hope it's not permanent though, lol.