What are the nutrients you are keeping track of?

Options
What do you think are the most important things to keep in check when you eat? Obviously calories and fat, but I am following my carbs, sugar and sodium.

Replies

• ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Being a woman of a certain age...I track iron and calcium
  • AlessisMore
    AlessisMore Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    My parents both had osteoporosis so I track calcium. And I have had problems in the past with low potassium blood levels so I track that as well. Other than those...I go with the standard carb/fat/protein
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I track calciium because I know I am often low on that if don't pay attention. I also track fiber because I can easily be low on that as well.
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I track fat, carbs, protein, fiber, and sodium. I wish MFP didn't make us choose though : /
  • fmbomzo
    fmbomzo Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I track sugar and sodium in addiiton to the standard carbs/fats/protein. Sugar, because I have a sugar addiction and managing it helps manage my waistline and keeps my moods even. Sodium because I'm extremely sodium-sensitive and swell easily if it is out of range too often.
  • head_in_rainbows
    head_in_rainbows Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I track standard carb/fat/proteins and fiber and trans fat. I try to eat a lot of fiber (even if that does not always work) and I am crazy afraid of trans fats in my food (but I am mostly likely to change this one to something else because according to MFP I had 0 trans fats in a while).
  • heddy90
    heddy90 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Well, all of them really. But I know I tend to not always get as much iron in me as I should, so I'm keeping an eye on that.
    Sugar and sodium, because there are so many foods containing waay to much of these! And I wan't to make sure I get most of my vitamins.. I'm actually not too concerned about fats and carbs, I think I'm already in quite a healthy balance there.

I wish we could track Omega 3...
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    I track sodium very carefully. High blood pressure runs in my family and being the age I am now, this concerns me.
  • JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I totally agree with that!
  • JMMac121
    JMMac121 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys!!
  • jinjin8
    jinjin8 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I focus on protein and fibre, I'm also trying to be better with my sodium.
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    Get below my carb limit first, adequate protein next and the fat/calories end up where they may.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    What do you think are the most important things to keep in check when you eat? Obviously calories and fat, but I am following my carbs, sugar and sodium.

"obviously fat"? I don't track fat...:bigsmile: I track cals, protein, and carbs.....keeping it simple and it's working, so yay!
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options
    I track potassium, sodium and fiber...along with the macros (protein, carbs and fats).
  • rrrbecca11
    rrrbecca11 Posts: 477
    Options

"obviously fat"? I don't track fat... I track cals, protein, and carbs.....keeping it simple and it's working, so yay!

How much weight have you been able to lose with your formula? Just curious.
  • Ali_TSO
    Ali_TSO Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options

"obviously fat"? I don't track fat... I track cals, protein, and carbs.....keeping it simple and it's working, so yay!

How much weight have you been able to lose with your formula? Just curious.

36 since January (I know it says I've been a member a lot longer than that, but things happen, lol)
  • jumadey
    jumadey Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Alongside the main three (fat, protein and carbs), I also track sodium (have a history of high blood pressure in my family) and fiber. I think I might swap fiber for sugar though as I don't really have much trouble reaching that goal.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    IMO...

Total cals, fat carbs and protein are the only things you need to worry about assuming no health concerns or needs from extreme training/goals.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Calories
    protein
    fiber
    calcium

That's pretty much it.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options

"obviously fat"? I don't track fat...:bigsmile: I track cals, protein, and carbs.....keeping it simple and it's working, so yay!

Yeah, I'm not tracking fat either. (Or sugar) By tracking my calories, I am de facto keeping my sugar and bad fats down because they are so high in calories. And by tracking fiber, I am taking in more complex carbs instead of simple carbs. It's easier for me, and so far, so good. :happy: