Late night eater

Options
How do i curve my late night hunger? I ate a good size dinner around 5 pm and then at 10 pm, I wanted to eat the entire house!! Literally! I tried to be good and only eat a 100 calorie snack pack but it wasn't enough.. so I ate 2 slices of pizza and totally blew my calorie count for the day.. ): Someone help!!

Replies

• suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    How do i curve my late night hunger? I ate a good size dinner around 5 pm and then at 10 pm, I wanted to eat the entire house!! Literally! I tried to be good and only eat a 100 calorie snack pack but it wasn't enough.. so I ate 2 slices of pizza and totally blew my calorie count for the day.. ): Someone help!!
    Someone else posted about eating most of their calories at night and wanted to change it. A lot of comments were that it doesn't really matter as long as you are eating your calorie amount required for the day without constantly going over. If you have issues with over-eating at night some people find that if they try and leave some more calories in the evening it works. So eat less during the day and save up calories for evening if you tend to like eating at night.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Eat lighter in the day and more at night, it's just when your motabolism works hardest it seems. I eat every night after 7 and don't have a problem losing. It's cals in vs cals out, by the end of the week you want to have a min of 3500 cal deficit by eating less and workingout to loose 1lb.
    Plan for it luv and only be concerned about possibly heartburn at night, not good and healthy food :))
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Now if you are having a problem with portion control at night that is a different problem and needs to be addressed seperatly. Let us know if that is the issue so we can help :))
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    I'm always hungry at night, no matter how much I eat earlier in the day. So I eat lighter earlier in the day and save more calories for dinner and a snack before bed.

Also, pick snacks that are filling. Those 100 calorie snack packs are like eating nothing! For me, anyways. Try to eat something with some lean protein, a bit of fat, whole grains and fiber.

Sometimes if I'm really hungry and don't want to eat more I'll have some hot tea, and that really helps curb my appetite.
  • autiebabyx
    autiebabyx Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all for all the great advice! Most of the time, I crave sweets at night. I am a big fan of chocolate. ALL THE TIME. but I have managed to cut back a lot. I was also drinking Starbucks everyday but I have cut back to once or twice a week. I think i'm going to drink a cup of tea before bed.
  • uwdawg07
    uwdawg07 Posts: 372
    Options
    Thanks y'all for all the great advice! Most of the time, I crave sweets at night. I am a big fan of chocolate. ALL THE TIME. but I have managed to cut back a lot. I was also drinking Starbucks everyday but I have cut back to once or twice a week. I think i'm going to drink a cup of tea before bed.

Another thing I like is to get diet Swiss Miss hot chocolate. Yes, it's fake sugar....but a packet is only 20 calories and helps curb my sweets craving, plus the hot water fills me up.

If you love chocolate so much, try to find some lower calorie fudgesicles and things like that too!
  • lovezies
    lovezies Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have found that if I eat dinner later in the evening that helps so much. I also try and eat 5-6 small meals during my day. If my tummy is full all the time I'm less likely to eat that extra little thing. I have a big weakness for fishy crackers, lol
  • xshortiex
    xshortiex Posts: 120 Member
    Options

If you like chocolate, treat yourself to dark chocolate during the day once in a while, like a small piece between lunch and dinner (I do this). Dark chocolate's good for you in small quantities. As far as curving late-night hunger, I'd just eat dinner later. 5pm is much to early for dinner in my opinion - I usually eat around 7pm. My lunches are usually around 12:30pm, and as far as breakfast goes, I spread it out between 8am and 11am so I'm not starving while also not eating too much (this is easy since I have a desk job). I hope that helps a little!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    eat dinner later.
    5 is so early! wow. i used to eat at like 9 when i was going to bed at 11 or 12.

or break it into 2 meals.
  • Welshie_girl
    Welshie_girl Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Try not to do eat too much sugar at night unless that is the time you are very active. I love unsweetened almond milk and cheerios at night before bed.... Now working on new complex carbs meal before bed... Can't decide what I want :)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    If chocolate is your weakness, maybe you'd like these teas I'm hooked on from Republic of Tea. Yes, I did say Chocolate and Tea in the same sentence. No, I did not believe it myself either. My best friend got me to try them last summer. They have a peppermint chocolate tea that is like drinking an Andes Mint. They have Coconut Cocoa that tastes like you're drinking a mounds bar. They are so yummy and the best part... they have NO CALORIES and NO CAFFEINE (Well, the peppermint is no calories, I think the Coconut may have a whopping 5 calories). I have no idea how they make them, but I love them. They do NOT taste like tea. They taste like chocolate. Friends of mine who don't like tea have tried them and gotten hooked. I love to have them at night. It is a decent pacifier. Maybe if you could spend some time sipping on a nice, FREEBIE chocolate beverage, you will not think so much about foodie snacks? Just a thought. http://www.republicoftea.com/chocolate-teas/c/FLAV_CHOC/
  • autiebabyx
    Options
    If chocolate is your weakness, maybe you'd like these teas I'm hooked on from Republic of Tea. Yes, I did say Chocolate and Tea in the same sentence. No, I did not believe it myself either. My best friend got me to try them last summer. They have a peppermint chocolate tea that is like drinking an Andes Mint. They have Coconut Cocoa that tastes like you're drinking a mounds bar. They are so yummy and the best part... they have NO CALORIES and NO CAFFEINE (Well, the peppermint is no calories, I think the Coconut may have a whopping 5 calories). I have no idea how they make them, but I love them. They do NOT taste like tea. They taste like chocolate. Friends of mine who don't like tea have tried them and gotten hooked. I love to have them at night. It is a decent pacifier. Maybe if you could spend some time sipping on a nice, FREEBIE chocolate beverage, you will not think so much about foodie snacks? Just a thought. http://www.republicoftea.com/chocolate-teas/c/FLAV_CHOC/

That sounds amazing! I wish I had it right now! lol Thank you so much! (Going to the site now)
  • Doberdawn
    Doberdawn Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    BTW, a tip when you get them, use less water than a whole 8 oz cup when making them or put 2 bags into a mug. They are not really strong if you add too much water, and you DO want that full chocolate flavor.
  • autiebabyx
    Options
    okay thanks
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options

Are you going over on calories? I like eating at night.
  • texaricangirasol
    texaricangirasol Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    i usually keep a good variety of cereal for my night cravings. Have a serving of cereal with 1/2 c to 1c of milk. or 90 calorie fiber one brownie. depending on what i am craving. or make me a sandwhich under 250 calories. All help and i have lost 8lbs in about 2 weeks and kept it off, but i just started last month.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options

Are you going over on calories? I like eating at night.

I just ate my dinner at like 10. That's normal for me. Unless you didn't have any calories to spare, there's nothing wrong with eating your dinner later. I would suggest not eating too close to going to bed. That's a ticket to heart burn...
  • icreate
    icreate Posts: 60
    Options
    Guilty :happy:
  • volume77
    volume77 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    <
    chronic night eater
    I just save most of my calories for night and my dinner literally starts at 10.
    Then i have a whole packet of sf jello , almond milk, shiratake and some form of meat.
    Then I save some snacks when I wake up through the night

I've tried all sorts of things to try to change my eating times/ eat breakfast/ etc but I always go over becUse I've concluded this is just the way my body likes to eat...
    I've spent too much time beating myself up for it or thinking threes something wrong with me because of it... I've just learned to accept this and go with it...

I've lost weight/ maintain my weight with A low carb woe also..,
  • autiebabyx
    Options
    <
    chronic night eater
    I just save most of my calories for night and my dinner literally starts at 10.
    Then i have a whole packet of sf jello , almond milk, shiratake and some form of meat.
    Then I save some snacks when I wake up through the night

I've tried all sorts of things to try to change my eating times/ eat breakfast/ etc but I always go over becUse I've concluded this is just the way my body likes to eat...
    I've spent too much time beating myself up for it or thinking threes something wrong with me because of it... I've just learned to accept this and go with it...

I've lost weight/ maintain my weight with A low carb woe also..,

this makes me feel a lot better! thank you!