Body bugg???

Options
I'm considering purchasing a body bug in the next month or so to help track my calories when I exercise. For those who have one I have a few questions.

Is it accurate? Is it comfortable to wear? Is it worth the price? Are there any product that are similar to it that work just as well? Do you wear it all the time or just when you work out?

Replies

• ginutza_f
    Options
    Hi there, I have one, it's ok when you run or walk , it counts your paces precisely and also the kcal you lose. I usually wear it when I go walking in the park or jogging.
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I am interested in getting one as well... hoping to hear a bit more.
  • KayeG79
    KayeG79 Posts: 37
    Options
    I have a Fitbit. Much smaller than a Body Bugg. It tracks your steps, flights of stairs you go up and also your calories. Only $100 from Best Buy. The part I love the most is it's wifi and as long as you are within 15 (I think?) feet of the base, it inputs your info to the computer by itself. You don't need to plug it in or anything. I clip it right to my bra. But can be clipped to your belt, pocket, where ever. It's definitely worth a google search to check it out.
  • amandajam2012
    Options
    Thanks for the input so far
  • mkup04
    mkup04 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Does it measure the same way the body bugg does? I heard the BB also measures you heart rate.

Thanks!
  • krg724
    krg724 Posts: 18
    Options
    First, the bodybugg doesn't measure heart rate, it measures 4 other things and has been clinically shown to be at least 90% accurate, and says that heart rate isn't necessarily the most accurate way to judge calorie burn. I have the body bugg, I paid $99 for it, it's great. The first day it was annoying with the armband, but after that I'm used to it and it doesn't bother me. I wear it usually about 23 hours a day. it is really interesting to see what household chores burn as well as different workouts. the food log is lacking, so I usually just fill it in instead of trying to search. If you get the bodybuggSP it links with an app for iphone or smartphones. I have the regular one and upload the data a few times a day using the usb cable but it only takes a minute. I really recommend it to everyone. I found that searching for "how many calories does kayaking burn" will return results anywhere from 200 cal/hr to 1200 cal/hr./ So it's nice to actually see what it is doing for YOU. It is a personalized program based on your measurements, weight and the way YOU eat and workout. Ok maybe that was a bad example because they aren't waterproof but you know what I mean. it has a pedometer built in too.
  • Koldnomore
    Koldnomore Posts: 1,613 Member
    Options
    I wish they worked in cold weather...

Fibit:

Non operating temperature
    (-17.7° to 54.4° C)

Body Bugg:

Nonoperating temperature
    (-20° to 60° C)

Buyer beware if you live in Canada or somewhere really hot!
  • krg724
    krg724 Posts: 18
    Options
    let me add too that you don't HAVE to upload several times a day, I just do so to see my progress thru the day. I received this one as a gift, had I had the choice I would have ordered the SP version that works with the app
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    Are you seeing better results now that you are using it? I really want to get one...
  • westlico
    westlico Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have a refer a friend link I can give you guys. The link will give you like $20 off I think.

http://bodybugg.extole.com/a/clk/5GdBtW

Just use that link and create an account and order.
  • spinqueen72
    spinqueen72 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is to get a Heart Rate Monitor with the chest strap. It's much more accurate!
  • Masq
    Masq Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I have tried both the fitbit and the body bugg.... at the same time for two weeks.
    I wrote a blog if you are interested: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Masq

I sent the bodybugg back as I didn't find it was any more accurate than the fitbit. Plus the fitbit is much easier to use, get information from and it syncs with MFP.

I do believe that a HRM is going to be the most accurate depending on what you use it for.
  • saford10
    saford10 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I bought the body bugg and used it for several months. However I found the Fitbit and love that way more. It is a lot cheaper you don't have to pay yearly for it because Fitbit is like this forum free for the memebers. Fitbit is addictive too and small. Check it out. If you still want the Body Bugg I would sell you mine. I don't think its worth the money.